Occasional Contributor

I really wish they would use older models with more lines or wrinkles when demonstrating foundation and make up.  They say on just about every brand that it helps reduce the appearance of pores and wrinkles.  However, the models they use at 25 and do not hae a single wrinkle!  I am over 65 and would love to try a couple of the different foundations, but they usually emphasize wrinkles and do not look good on my old skin.  Please use more realistic models when demonstrating make up.  thank you!

Respected Contributor

Re: Make up models

[ Edited ]

There is no make up that won't settle in lines, etc. on facial skin or eyelids.

I do see older models used and yes, the foundation has settled in wrinkles.

I never believe the hype used to sell which is why I had my upper eyelids done. 

I can finally wear eye makeup again.  

Occasional Contributor

Thank  you.  They all say it does not settle in lines and wrinkles.  However, everything I have tried emphasizes my wrinkles.  I was wondering if there was actually one that doesn't.  Guess I'll just give up on foundation.  Thank you!

Trusted Contributor

I'm 65 and I have some wrinkle.  A couple of things that I think help me...I always use a primer.  And I always use liquid foundation and gel or liquid blush.  Don't use powder foundation or blush.  At least for me they show the wrinkle much more.  Hopefully this helps.

For me the foundation I use is BareMinerals complexion rescue.  But everyone is different.  You just need to find what works for you.

Trusted Contributor

@56Work  Just look at the older hosts when they are promoting makeup and skin care.  They have a lot of wrinkles and you can see the products don't work on them.  Some have had some help by professionals the famous 50 and fabulous and even younger hosts are all fake.

Respected Contributor

The only way to avoid accentuating wrinkles and fine lines is to not put anything on them. All makeup settles in them which is why you don't see older women modeling the makeup!

Honored Contributor

I don't think there are many "wrinkled women" at modeling agencies...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@56Work wrote:

I really wish they would use older models with more lines or wrinkles when demonstrating foundation and make up.  They say on just about every brand that it helps reduce the appearance of pores and wrinkles.  However, the models they use at 25 and do not hae a single wrinkle!  I am over 65 and would love to try a couple of the different foundations, but they usually emphasize wrinkles and do not look good on my old skin.  Please use more realistic models when demonstrating make up.  thank you!

@56Work 

IMO, it doesn't matter if the model is 25 or 75 .... liquid foundations settle in wrinkles.  It's a fact of life.

You can try using a primer or a Bare Minerals-type mineral makeup. 

The problem isn't the age of the model, it's your choice of foundation ...  and whatever else you're applying to your skin.

Esteemed Contributor

The other day they had a young model on and when she put the foundation on even she had the eye wrinkles show up. She literally looked better without the foundation. I can't remember what brand it was but yikes!

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Regular Contributor
I’m 58 and have hardly any wrinkles but I have found that using a primer, Laura Geller’s baked foundation, or the right liquid foundation will help prevent or reduce wrinkles from settling into the lines. I’ve even found a few drugstore foundations that work well. And I eventually want to try Laura Mercier because her translucent setting powder is devine and makes my skin look flawless. But I hope these little tips and tidbits help!