Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

What has happenedd to a good many of the models that are no longer with the Q (such as Carin for example)?  The regulars seem to be disappearing one by one or having their time on air drastically cut and being replaced with young girls who are obviously inexperienced on how to stand and walk!  Please keep the gals that have been around a long time.  If they were suddenly replaced they would be missed!   Also how about having some type of dress code for the female hosts?  You still have at least one that consistently dresses very sloppy.  

Honored Contributor

Kerin is still at QVC working behind the scenes as a fit model.  By the nature of the work, for most part-time, modeling attracts young women who are in transition, in school, working on multiple jobs, juggling a family or having babies, are preparing for another career.  Some have been there years, others come and go rapidly.  Several left when husbands got jobs in other states.  Everybody is inexperienced when they first start. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Gayzee The models don't work for QVC, they work for modeling agencies.  The more exposure they get,and the more experienced they become, more & more of the models get modeling jobs outside of QVC, commercials, acting jobs, etc.  I've seen a good many of them in other media and other places.  As @Kachina624 mentioned, they also have personal lives that dictate what hours they want to work at QVC.  Gone are the days when QVC is their only modeling option.

Everyone was a trainee at some point in their job.  They deserve a break.

Trusted Contributor

While watching Saturday mornings with Leah the last couple of months have thought they bring nothing special to the table.  Sorry!  Looks as though they went to the supermarket and asked folks if would like to model this morning instead of grocery shopping?

Trusted Contributor

They move on with life as we all do (or should).  Better jobs elsewhere, other careers, getting married and starting families, moving to another city, etc.

Who knows -

Honored Contributor

I am sure many models retire....move on. 

Honored Contributor

@aggravated wrote:

While watching Saturday mornings with Leah the last couple of months have thought they bring nothing special to the table.  Sorry!  Looks as though they went to the supermarket and asked folks if would like to model this morning instead of grocery shopping?

@aggravated

So many posters complained they wanted models who "looked like them."  Now they're getting them.

Be careful what you wish for.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Of course I'm just surmising, but it seems the really special looking models who actually in demand, would move on to bigger and better gigs.

Valued Contributor

I would lik to see more new models, it wouldnt bother me a bit if they replaced them all. Not to be mean, it just gets old. Would you like a fashion magazine that had the same model on the cover every month? It would be terrible refreshing to have more new models, of course STILL keeping with the all sizes and heights policy

Valued Contributor

I dont think most of these models are going up the ladder on the way out the door. in fact QVC is probably the dream modeling job for many of them. All things aside the modeling agency may decide to switch them around. The only models that are going around from booking to booking are the very successful ones. The girls couldnt possible be doing that as they spend so much time at QVC.