I'm sorry, Marybeth...but every time I tune to QVC when you're on, within one minute, I have heard at least a couple: "Here's the thing". Maybe you are unaware that you do this, but it drives me insane, and I reufse to order when you're on. Just my own personal protest. Today, (01/04/16 @ 11:25 PT), on Discover Diamonique, it took exactly six seconds to hear "Here's the thing".  I was really interested in the rolo bracelet, but changed the channel immediately. Please be more aware. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Welcome to the boards.  Be prepared for a backlash.  MBR is a favorite with most of us.

I like your nic - my 32 yr old DD is named Logan.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

Can't disagree, although it hasn't hit me that hard yet.  Many of us complained over and over until PJD finally stopped the AZZ WELL. But it finally worked and she seems to have given up that phrase. Thanks, Pat.

So maybe Mary Bety will do the same if it's mentioned often enough, and she will make a real effort to stop this habit. She's a great hosts otherwise.

Super Contributor

She may be a favorite of many, but she's not mine. Her favorite catch phrase is very hard not to miss and quite annoying to keep hearing over and over. Probably difficult for her to break that bad habit.

Esteemed Contributor

It's true that MBR uses that phrase a lot. In the days when I watched QVC more than I do now, the only host my husband would watch was Lisa Robertson. It was all a matter of his liking her looks. However, he soon tired of all the sales chit-chat so we made a deal. As soon as Lisa said the word "fabulous," I agreed I'd change the channel. Invariably, that would happen within one minute.

Esteemed Contributor

"Here's the thing" seems to be MB's trademark expression just like David V has the happy dance and yum yum face.  It's like someone told the hosts to come up with a unique expression or mannerism to set them apart from the rest.  Like I wrote in another post, it's like management is trying to appeal to drive-by channel surfers rather than those who watch for hours at a time.  After a while these ticks get annoying, but they must have some data somewhere to support that the catch phrases lead to sales.

Honored Contributor

@LOGAN5 wrote:

@I'm sorry, Marybeth...but every time I tune to QVC when you're on, within one minute, I have heard at least a couple: "Here's the thing". Maybe you are unaware that you do this, but it drives me insane, and I reufse to order when you're on. Just my own personal protest. Today, (01/04/16 @ 11:25 PT), on Discover Diamonique, it took exactly six seconds to hear "Here's the thing".  I was really interested in the rolo bracelet, but changed the channel immediately. Please be more aware. Thanks.

I started a thread about about just this subject just the other day.....MB said Here's The Thing probably 80 times during her show. It is a very bad habit. I think she just does not care to fix it. It is just not a necessary to say it to get the message across.. It is much like saying UM before you say something again and again....very hard to listen to.

Trusted Contributor

I do not let anything any of them say bother me - I am sure that I repeat phrases and sayings in my own life, so I just let it roll off.  They have a lot of time to "fill" so I guess they develop little phrases to fill time.  Just my guess.

There are many other TV programs I can switch to if any of them get on my nerves, but so far so good!!

Super Contributor

count the times Cortney says "idea".   Ugghhh

mb also says "price tag" often

Esteemed Contributor

After the third time - and here's the thing - I'm gone because it bugs me to death.