Honored Contributor

No one knows the inner workings at QVC or why anyone was let go. And not everyone is drawn to the same hosts.

Personally, I felt AN was off her game for quite some time.  You could tell something just wasn't right during her presentations.  She became harder and harder to watch.

Honored Contributor

Maybe the Q is going "animated".....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

The ones doing a remote presentation from their bathroom take the cake.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

No one knows the inner workings at QVC or why anyone was let go. And not everyone is drawn to the same hosts.

Personally, I felt AN was off her game for quite some time.  You could tell something just wasn't right during her presentations.  She became harder and harder to watch.

@Lipstickdiva  I agree with you about AN... She gave very thorough presentations but her on-air demeanor could be a bit odd... Otherwise though, I admit to being clueless about how they pick and choose... If it's a pure numbers game it's not rocket science that the hosts who are rarely scheduled or who are scheduled for dreadful shows at dreadful times are not going to be able to compete... It's a chicken-egg conundrum... Do they let them go because they aren't selling or are they not selling because they've never really had the better products to hawk in prime time... I do suspect the newer hosts are started out at significantly lower salaries than some of the old-timers, so it probably is a cost savings, though I'm not guessing it's a really big one...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@brcala.  Best to let this subject rest.  You have absolutely no idea what circumstances resulted in the release of these and other hosts.  For all you know, they said or did something horrendous or their performance was really poor.  Obviously something was unacceptable.  There are more important characteristics to a host's persona than being "likable".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Leaving hosts

[ Edited ]

I know it's ok for people to complain, but sometimes it's over the top. The Host this and the Host that. Why watch? That would certainly send up my blood pressure. I haven't watched QVC since Bob Bowersox was let go around 2008 (Yes I liked him).

I buy a lot from QVC but I do so on line and I must say watching the videos is a no no. If I have to watch, the sound is OFF. 

Sometimes while here on the Forums someone might mention that so and so is on and not doing a good job, so I would click over to QVC to see who the person is. 

I got to know AN when Bob was there. I liked her then, but it was not enought for me to continue watching. I'm more familiar with the Hosts from years gone by (Marybeth, Jane, Jayne, David, Pat and so on and so on).

I guess I don't get attached to people or things and I'm free to say if I like someone or something just like you are. 

I'm more concerned about every day folks who have lost their jobs than someone who worked for QVC. My opinion!!

Contributor

I have to respectfully disagree with Onefineday! 

If a host is annoying me, I turn it off right away. Even if I like the product.

The host is part of the presentation, otherwise, there wouldn't be hosts.

Saturday mornings are terrible. Used to watch years back. "She" loves herself way too much for me. She and another host (Mondays nights) love to show and tell us how thin they are. Yes, we know that you wear XXS or XS and you don't need to pull up your shirt so we can see your waist or how well your pants fit. LOL!

In case anyone is wondering, I am not overweight or jealous, just WOULD like to watch QVC once in a while. Like the good old days!. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

"Liking" a host absolutely matters,  if one's liking translates into a sale.  

@Johnnyeager,  I have seen posts where it was stated that even though they don't buy anything they "love" a particular host and watch every show the host is on.

In business the bottom line is always the bottom line.  If a host stops producing sales they are gone no matter how popular.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Frequent Contributor

@Reenalds I agree. I do enjoy AM Style on Saturday mornings. But once 10 am hits and "she" comes on the TV, my TV goes off. When your front and back look the same, no need to try and act cutesy.