Contributor

Language problem

[ Edited ]

There was a time when all the vendors and hosts on the Q presented products with some class and decorum - I suppose they would get memos if they didn't.  Renee Greenstein constantly talks about "butts" and Susan Graver now feels it is fine to refer to "heinies" and some of the hosts are now picking up the "lingo".  I think it is neither cute, funny or needed for product description.

Honored Contributor

"Butt" is a shortened version of "buttocks".............and a lot more dignified than a$$....................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Forrest Gump got shot in the buttocks! 

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

Would you prefer rear end or rump ?

Contributor

desertDi - I'll bet they really would get a memo for that one. Smiley Happy

Hope my comment didn't offend anyone - just my feelings.

Honored Contributor

Re: Language problem

[ Edited ]

I guess @Gradysmom  never heard Albany do the lunchtime show.  She knew every word of potty talk and used them.  Now that's grounds for complaint except its not relevant because she's no longer with us. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Vendors and hosts could simply say that the pants "make you look good everywhere" and "are slimming and lifting in the places you might need it..."    I am afraid the genie has been let out of the bottle, however, and there will be no such memo given to hosts and vendors.  I am just grateful they are using words such as heinies or butts - I expect more vulgar terms to be heard in the future, unfortunately.  Maybe the Q can at least stem the tide and make sure it doesn't get any cruder than it already is.  Personally, I am tired of hearing about women's "girls" and "booties."   I think it is just a selling tactic anyway because it makes the vendor and host seem like they are bonding, chatting and "keeping it real" with the gals in audienceland.

Honored Contributor

The word backside works for me.  Maybe it's a regional thing as far as what we call that area.  Rump sounds like a slab of beef.

Honored Contributor

Re: Language problem

[ Edited ]

The word police are here!  It boggles my mind that people think they have the right to tell anyone how to speak, dress, behave, believe, etc. 

Honored Contributor
Manners in speech and language, Left the building long ago.