Honored Contributor

Re: LOCK down reviews of new items PLEASE

@loriqvc wrote:

@Tissyanne - Here's a screenshot of the bottom part of the review form, taken from my desktop computer; it appears right after the options for adding photos/videos:

Capture.PNG

I wonder if it depends on the browser.  I've never seen the box/section asking the reviewer to confirm it's based on their own experience.  I just submitted a review yesterday and it didn't show up for me.

Valued Contributor

HSN somehow manages to prevent people who haven't purchased an item from reviewing it, and even requires that you take some time with the purchase before submitting a review. I don't understand why QVC, the sister company, can not do the same.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Another example is when David launched the sale of his cookbook, which would not be released for several months and it quickly had pages of 5-star reviews just saying how great it will be. But, it hadn't even been printed yet!

Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:

This has always been a problem, but never have I seen abuse of the review feature as I have with the recent TSV presented by Dooney & Bourke. (Nylon Wayfarer hobo with accessories.)

People were leaving "reviews" of the item when no customer would have access to it.

They complained about the cost of the shipping and the material, etc.   It didn't have a chance, because this will jeopardize future sales. Then you had people just leaving 5 stars to offset the ignorant reviews.

Now it's up to you, Q.   

Customer service and shipping shoudn't be part of the product review in the first place. They are separate components and have nothing to do wth the actual item.

Since HSN is now under the umbrella of the parent company, you follow that example.

Thanks for reading.

ITA @JavaQueen !