Frequent Contributor

From now until Dec 24th! Christmas shopping!! Every year same deal!! Same products which is really sad.

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I enjoy it, and it don’t even celebrate Christmas.  Its different.  It’s always hot in summer where I live and exceptionally so this year.  It’s nice to think of cooler days ahead, if nothing else.  And QVC is far from the only place that does a Christmas in July theme.

My only complaint about it is pretty much the same as any of the other product categories—I’d like to see more diverse selections and less of the same things on every show, every year.

----------------------

I was just thinking that when I clicked on CIJ yesterday.  So many items are basically the same as last year and years prior.  I do think 3 days is quite a bit of CIJ, but I also don't watch all day and night! 

But even within the 3 days, when I click on - there is the same item I saw three times already. Some items have been presented and presented and presented. For instance - the Peanuts soft fleece throws, the wrapping bags, the fluorescent art boards etc. etc.  I have resorted to looking online for products rather than sit thru several presentations of the same item!!

Frequent Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

One day is enough suffering.... but two days??? PLEAZZZZZZZ.......

@SeaMaiden

2 days? How about when they do a fashion WEEK? Or weekends of jewlery? Or hours and hours of electronics? I don't like any of it. So I don't watch. They air what sells.

Frequent Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@ILUVChristmas wrote:

Regarding others doing Christmas in July;  Well, Hallmark has their Ornament Premiere today and the place was packed with people buying tons of Christmas ornaments and decor. Don't tune into Hallmark Channel either because they have Christmas movies on...wouldn't want anyone to suffer. I always wonder why there is no complaint with seeing Halloween in Michaels, At Home stores, Hobby Lobby starting this month...but oh mention Christmas and everyone turns into Scrooge. 

I love Christmas DURING THE ACTUAL SEASON. Can't we just enjoy the season we are in? We start to plan for Christmas in September. That is four months of the year dedicated to one very stressful holiday. They have changed all the school years so that kids go back to school at the end of July.  We only have 2 months of summer - lets enjoy it while it is her instead of being force fed another month of Christmas.Smiley Happy

@RealtyGal2

You could start planning for Christmas whenever it makes you happy! That's what it should be about. Having fun with the season! I can't believe kids go back to school at the end of July where you live. Here it is still the end of August. But truth be told, I hate summer. I hate heat and I'm not a water person. So I enjoy planning the holidays early but I know a lot of people like to wait.

Respected Contributor

I'm not fond of the CIJ shows but it's a money-maker so the Q will continue to do it. I just find other things to watch and do. If you think it was bad now, just wait until the holiday rush actually arrives and the hosts will be yelling about buying a gift for your mailperson, your teacher, your manicurist, your dogsitter, the neighbor down the street you only talk to six times a year...

Valued Contributor

@IdahoMom wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

One day is enough suffering.... but two days??? PLEAZZZZZZZ.......

@SeaMaiden

2 days? How about when they do a fashion WEEK? Or weekends of jewlery? Or hours and hours of electronics? I don't like any of it. So I don't watch. They air what sells.

@IdahoMom I totally agree with you, IdahoMom! If someone doesn't want to watch CIJ, then turn the channel.  Personally, I love CIJ, and also CIA (August), including CIS (September), and CIO (October), CIN (November), and last but not least CID (December)..........

Contributor

YES!!!

Honored Contributor

I ❤️ Christmas in July! It’s fun! 🎄

Super Contributor

I enjoy the shows. I love decorating my home for Christmas and use CIJ to get some ideas. I may not buy anything, but I like to see how Valerie Parr Hill groups things together. If I can get new things before the gift shopping begins it is easier on the budget.

Honored Contributor

Re: LESS CIJ PLEASE!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

I stopped watching CIJ because they have been showing the same stuff, only slightly tweaked in some cases, for years! Enough already. They need to get some really new and fresh things; many of us have more holiday decor than we will ever need....something really new and different would reel us in! CIJ is not the time to clean out what didn't sell in Christmas past.