Honored Contributor

One day is enough suffering.... but two days??? PLEAZZZZZZZ.......

Honored Contributor

Check the program guide for tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

For me, July is way too early to be thinking about Christmas decorating.  I get revved up for Christmas decorating the beginning of October.  Wish I could get interested in July as the many who do like to get a head start on Christmas have a large seclection to choose from.  By the time I'm interested in October, many of the items are sold out.  But I just can't get into it this early, I'm just barely thinking of Fall mode.  I saw some cute things when I did my daily check of "New" items, but can't start thinking about what I may do for my Christmas decorating yet.

Honored Contributor

I don't see why, people who enjoy days on end of fashion or shoes or handbags or beauty, can't allow others who have different tastes, to have a few day event with things that are of interest to them.

Maybe I'm not seeing it, but I don't hear people whining and complaining about the days on end of these other things, but if it is holiday, they come out of the woodwork.

The bottom line is sales.

QVC airs what is going to make them money. Most all of the year that must be beauty and fashion, as it is day after day after day on multiple channels. 

But in the second half of the year, they must make a lot of money from holiday merchandise/programming, so it is what they do. 

The only thing they are going to 'hear' is the 'cha ching' of the 'register', when something sells, and that is what they are going to air.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio

I don't watch that much, only when nothing else of interest on the tube.  But, twenty-four or more hours of anything is a bit much to take!  Perhaps if they aired other venues on Q2 it might address the repetitive issue.

You're totally right though, QVC wants to make money and will continuous aired whatever achieves that goal.  They're not here to entertain.  Unfortunately, oftentimes weekend programming on all stations leaves much to be desired.

Honored Contributor

I enjoy it, and it don’t even celebrate Christmas.  Its different.  It’s always hot in summer where I live and exceptionally so this year.  It’s nice to think of cooler days ahead, if nothing else.  And QVC is far from the only place that does a Christmas in July theme.

My only complaint about it is pretty much the same as any of the other product categories—I’d like to see more diverse selections and less of the same things on every show, every year.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

One day is enough suffering.... but two days??? PLEAZZZZZZZ.......

If you change the channel you won't have to suffer.

Handbags, beauty products and vaccuums bore me to tears. There are other things to do than watch QVC.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@Mominohio

I don't watch that much, only when nothing else of interest on the tube.  But, twenty-four or more hours of anything is a bit much to take!  Perhaps if they aired other venues on Q2 it might address the repetitive issue.

You're totally right though, QVC wants to make money and will continuous aired whatever achieves that goal.  They're not here to entertain.  Unfortunately, oftentimes weekend programming on all stations leaves much to be desired.

@eddyandme

I agree 100%! I thought when they opened up two other channels, especially one dedicated just to beauty, we would be able to tune in and find very different things being aired on each channel and any one given hour or day. 

But very often that isn't the case. 

I've tuned in many times to actually find the same product line on all three channels at the same time, and tuned into Q and Q2 to find the same category on all day (usually fashion related) on both of them. 

It makes no sense, and I've complained before. 

Three channels would seem to be best served, by showing three completely different kinds of products at the same time, to capture more people who tune in and don't have interest in something. Using them all to air like things at the same time seems counter intuitive, but heck, what do we know? LOL

Honored Contributor

I pretty much watch only what I think I might buy although right now I'm really trying not to buy anything.  However, I did tune in for most of the 2 hours of Pat and Susan on Thursday.  I probably won't watch anything else for days.

If QVC has buyers for CIJ, I think they're smart to cater to them.  They're not going to survive trying to appeal to me. 

Super Contributor

Regarding others doing Christmas in July;  Well, Hallmark has their Ornament Premiere today and the place was packed with people buying tons of Christmas ornaments and decor. Don't tune into Hallmark Channel either because they have Christmas movies on...wouldn't want anyone to suffer. I always wonder why there is no complaint with seeing Halloween in Michaels, At Home stores, Hobby Lobby starting this month...but oh mention Christmas and everyone turns into Scrooge.