Trusted Contributor

I am just curious. Can a poster delete a post after there was a comment on it?   If you can, where is that feature?   Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just Curious

[ Edited ]

You can delete your own post.only. Once  a poster quotes you, it stays. (even if your original was deleted)

Use the 3 dots feature to delete/

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking that the OP is referring to deleting a thread.   To that I would say that I don't think you can.    

But you CAN report the thread (using the 'report inappropriate content' button on the left side under your name, post count, and all that), and explain in the box that you would like to have your thread deleted.  HTH Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Just Curious

[ Edited ]

@LilBitMissty wrote:

I am just curious. Can a poster delete a post after there was a comment on it?   If you can, where is that feature?   Thank you.

@LilBitMissty, I'll add a couple of things in addition to @missy1's and @chickenbutt's helpful tips.

If we start a thread:   If it has no responses we can click the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the post and use the "Delete" option to completely remove the thread.   If others have commented, though, we can't delete but we can edit the thread title and the original post.

For our responses on a thread:  We can use the "Delete" in the 3-dot menu if no one has clicked the "Reply" on that specific response.   The only way to tell is to click the 3 dots and see if "Delete" is an option.   If it isn't, we can't delete but we still can edit the post.

hth!Smiley

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova