Contributor

Susan Graver-No more jewel tones, please. Haven't you ever heard of magenta, grey, olive, ecru, pink, -neutrals , pastels please.Red, blue, white, green, black, yellow!!! Enough already. Women in NY  rarely wear your strong colors. They are too harsh. Olive and grey always sell out first in other lines. Women crave neutrals.Think about it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Jewel Tones are so...passe!

Certainly not passé here. There are lots of really fair skinned people here who look washed out in the pastels, beige, gray etc. I never order those colors because I am very fair skin too. 

Also I thought QVC sold to the whole country not just New York.

Respected Contributor

@Bhvbum I agree with you! It's OK to ask that colors be "added", but what's up with asking for colors to go away completely? The OP is not the only person who shops here!

Contributor

When was the last time you saw someone wearing jewel tones? Yes, QVC sells to the whole country.Her line is the only one that sells only jewel tones-not Louis Del Olio, not Logo ( she has gorgeous colors but I do not wear fitted tops), not even D&C! Susan is still  very much  hanging on to the same designs and colors. She has a huge, devoted base that makes QVC a lot  of money!

Respected Contributor

Lots of people wear them.......we don't all live in NY.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I love jewel tones.

Sorry if that's not NYC enough for you. No, wait, I'm not sorry at all. I like a large variety of colors, including brights and jewel tones. I also love neutrals. There's room for all the colors and no need to exclude.

Honored Contributor

Spring & Summner are coming up quickly, where's the softer colors as pastels, yet on the other hand the bright vibrants of the summer?

Respected Contributor

@Slopester

@Slopester wrote:

When was the last time you saw someone wearing jewel tones? Yes, QVC sells to the whole country.Her line is the only one that sells only jewel tones-not Louis Del Olio, not Logo ( she has gorgeous colors but I do not wear fitted tops), not even D&C! Susan is still  very much  hanging on to the same designs and colors. She has a huge, devoted base that makes QVC a lot  of money!

Susan does not sell ONLY jewel tones...I just did a quick search, and found several options in pastel colors, grays & tans. I have one of her tops myself that is shades of soft greens and tans...very neutral. As to when was the "last time I saw someone wearing jewel tones"...well, that would be yesterday and today just for starters!

Pale pastels do not look good on everyone...including myself. I need deeper, stronger colors for the most part to look my best.

We're not objecting to you asking for other colors that you would like--we're objecting to you demanding that the colors that you don't like be removed from the line!

Respected Contributor

OP, washed out colors do not flatter everyone. Not everyone wants to look like death warmed over and enjoy vibrant colors. To each their own.

If you want washed out go look at logo. Ugh.

Honored Contributor

LOL. There are people all over the country who have jewel tones as a large part of their wardrobe because those colors work best with their coloring, and colors like olive, orange, brown, yellow and red look very bad with their coloring.

So, the OP thinks it's All About Her and pffft everyone else? 

I hate 3/4 sleeves and will never wear them. I could say that QVC is losing my business because so many of their tops are 3/4 sleeve. But y'know - I can (and do) buy what I want from other sources, because QVC is soooo far from the only retailer out there (not to mention overpriced for what's offered). I would also never dictate that Quacker Factory, etc. totally stop manufacturing 3/4 sleeve tops because I don't like them. Because - I'm not important to them, and neither is any other individual writing on these forums. We are all drops in the bucket no matter how importantly we like to view ourselves.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all