Trusted Contributor

Teach your hosts correct LE Creuset Pronunciation

Please, please, please teach your hosts the correct pronunciation. Today, Rick Domeier is the culprit saying the feminine object pronoun "La" instead of  the masculine "Le".  Get a tutor for your hosts if necessary.  There are also lots of language pronunciation guides online.  There is no excuse for incorrect pronunciation. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Teach your hosts correct LE Creuset Pronunciation

Agree. Do your homework before presenting a product. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, of course, it's masculine in German too:  Der Tiegel.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, was driving me crazy.  Rick is not alone in the incorrect  pronunciation. Several hosts say "la".      What was driving me crazy several years ago was the mispronunciation of "voila" by Lisa Robertson, Amy. Courtney and even a few other hosts.  They pronounced it "walla".  Cringed every time and thought they should know better.  

Respected Contributor

Oh My. Woman LOL

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

I was very uncomfortable during the hour long presentation.

The vendor never once used the brand name in order to give a clue to the host.  I am not sure he knew what to do about the situation.

I would think that someone in the control room would have corrected him, but it never happened.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since Le Creuset is, or at least was, a French company, you'd think that QVC would want to capitalize on the connection between France and its reputation for fine cuisine. If hosts sound like middle schoolers on the first day of French class, QVC is missing an opportunity to promote Le Creuset products. There has to be SOMEONE who can teach correct pronunciation to hosts. Heck, I'll volunteer, free of charge parce que la prononciation chez QVC m'énerve.

Honored Contributor

Another one is Dooney and Bourke. It is not Burke, it is Bourke and rhymes w/ cork. Don't care what the vendor says.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Trusted Contributor

Not the sharpest tool in the shed, unfortunately.

Super Contributor

Oh Im so glad Im not the only one that is affected by incorrect pronounciation!  Yes, its a foreign language, but its easy to find out the correct way to say things.  Voila was my absolute most cringeworthy too!  Don't disrespect the language by making up your own version of a name.  This has reminded me of the word caramel. Its pronounced car-a-mel, not Carmel, a lovely coastal town in California!