Regular Contributor

As stores begin to open again, QVC may see fewer customers if they continue  to keep items in process for 10 days to two weeks. You can't cancel an item,it's not even coming in the mail and that's just unacceptable. It has nothing to do with the coronavirus it has to do with the number of employees they have addressing these issues. QVC, it will be a while before I order from you again.

Respected Contributor

Ordered somthing May 1st. I keep getting a different ship date. Then I got an email last week saying it would arrive May 26. I look today and it's on backorder. And they really expect us to keep buying? I don't get it. Other places are so much better at shipping. Waiting a month or longer does not make me want to continue shopping. 

Frequent Contributor

Processing and shipping orders in a timely manner has never been the Q’s forte.  The COVID situation has just made matters worse.  Time for Q to overhaul this part of their business model.  Not the only game in town anymore.

Honored Contributor

I'm having the same problem with orders not shipping, etc.  Also, no longer seem to be able to check tracking info.  Very disappointed.  I know the situation could account for some delays, but other websites I use ship the same day or the next day.  QVC orders are "in process" for several days--worse than their ususaly slow shipping.  I have an order  from QVC that was to be delivered on May 21  (today is May 23) and it seems to still be "in process" and hasn't shipped yet.

Valued Contributor

I received a package that I ordered April 28 th yesterday after I checked to see the status of it. The morning status was processing ,the night status  was delivered. So their computer status are not necessarily up to date.

Honored Contributor

I have had more issues with orders from other places than with QVC but even with slow shipping I still would rather shop here.  In most instances the items in process are already waiting for shipment pickup so understandable why no cancelling because that would just cause a larger backup.  I  never liked wasting time going to and rarely went to B & M stores most of my adult life and am sure not going to now with a deadly virus still very present.  There's nothing I need to have ASAP so masking up, keeping hands clean while shopping and waiting for a slot to open up so I can enter a store then feeling a need to rush out so others can get in is way worse than slow shipments and just not for me!!

Frequent Contributor

I've had orders from amazon take over a month. And it wasn't something there was a shortage of. But it's ok. We are In the midst of a pandemic. Each area is hit differently and has different guidelines for reopening.  To be honest I've had some items from QVC take less than a week and some take three weeks. I had a few Kohl's deliveries, one took less than 24 hours and the other took a couple of weeks. Nothing is normal right now.  Inconsistencies are the new normal. So it's not a unique issue to QVC. It's happening across the board. 

Honored Contributor

@Carney wrote:

Processing and shipping orders in a timely manner has never been the Q’s forte.  The COVID situation has just made matters worse.  Time for Q to overhaul this part of their business model.  Not the only game in town anymore.

Q has been making excuses for slow shipping and slow returns processing for years.  I tend to be much more patient with shipping due to covid.  My only order during the pandemic took 4.5 weeks to arrive but I wasn't in a hurry so it was ok.

We don't know where the vendor is located that's shipping the order and many areas aren't open 100% yet.  Q has to be minimally staffed and behind given the huge outbreaks in some of their locations.  Yes, add covid and things get a lot worse.   

The other excuses we've seen from Q for years are irritating because it shows an ongoing lousy business operation for shipping and returns.  The excuses have been going on so long that it's like the little boy who cried wolf.  I've taken the majority of my business elsewhere because of it (and better prices).

Respected Contributor

@AlcottWilder wrote:

I've had orders from amazon take over a month. And it wasn't something there was a shortage of. But it's ok. We are In the midst of a pandemic. Each area is hit differently and has different guidelines for reopening.  To be honest I've had some items from QVC take less than a week and some take three weeks. I had a few Kohl's deliveries, one took less than 24 hours and the other took a couple of weeks. Nothing is normal right now.  Inconsistencies are the new normal. So it's not a unique issue to QVC. It's happening across the board. 

The difference is Amazon lets you know before you purchase when your order will ship. I didn't mind that. If I knew something wasn't going to ship within a week or two I might not have purchased. Just be honest about shipping. 

Contributor

I have ordered a few items from various retailers myself.  All have taken much longer to deliver than the normal delivery time.  I am furloughed myself but I do know that the company I worked for had nearly 2000 orders last weekend and only a staff of 10 to search for the item, pick the item, pack and ship those items.  Until you work in the thick of it all, it's hard to imagine how long this takes.  And no, they are not bringing in additional workers either.  It's tough to distance and stay safe.  So it takes the patience of Job right now waiting for the items.