Super Contributor

Re: Improved iPad functionality is now live!

@Himi lover wrote:

@Community_Team wrote:

We have made a few adjustments to improve iPad experience and you should now be able to complete many of the same features that customers on a desktop computer can use. 

Please let us know if you notice any problems with using an iPad in the Community.

Thanks for your patience while we got this resolved. There are more updates coming that will address other navigational issues that have been reported (i.e. My Activity Page and the jumping screen).

PLEASE NOTE:

The iPad experience is definitely not 100% corrected.

When you take a photo with your iPad and do not edit the photo (crop, improve the brightness, etc.) then the photo may appear sideways to non-iPad users.

If you edit the photo before posting to the forums the photo will be right side up for everyone.

Definitely not the experience we wanted for iPad users, but felt delaying any further would only frustrate users more.

We hope this helps explain why some photos are not right side up when posted with an iPad.

Keyai, how do you want us to crop it?  I'm not sure I'm understanding that part of uploading a picture.  Thanks for updating the site for iPad users. So far I'm not having any problems.  ☺️

Hi @Himi lover

You actually don't need to actually crop the photo. But you need to do some small edit and then save. That extra step will keep the image from posting sideways.

I recommend you test posting some photos from your iPad so you can see what I am trying to explain. It's not ideal. But you can definitely post images from your iPad with an extra step.

Try posting a photo test to this thread if you like. I can remove it after you have completed your testing.

Honored Contributor

So far, this works:  

• Use the "edit" feature in "Camera Roll"
  • or "Photo Stream" which you will now save to "Camera Roll"
  •  then choose that file while posting from iPad user to iPad user.

* The new (stinky) ipad photo app will crop your original and it will create a new version of the original and leave it cropped...

so if you want to save the original, go to "photo stream" -- it will DUPLICATE and edit, then it will save in your "Camera Roll."  HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

@WaJa61 wrote:

Many thanks for the better functionality and full rich text features for we iPad users! Such a welcomed improvement. 

I'm reporting to you per your request, an issue I experienced while formatting my last post. My cursor would not stay in place as I proceeded to the next paragraph. It kept hopping back up the page, and would not return to allow me to complete my post. 

This also happened on editing. 

Thank you for your attention to the matter. 

Hi, @WaJa61!

I noticed this, too, but wasn't sure how to describe it.

It's better using "Portrait" rather than "Landscape" mode, but it still takes quite a bit of maneuvering.

@Hello and blessings to you, @dooBdoo! Smiley Happy 

For sure it's hard to describe... The cursor just randomly hops up into a previous paragraph and will not come back down with any amount of tapping. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's doing it right now, doobs -- hopped up into your quoted text and wouldn't let me complete that post even in the same paragraph. I will switch to portrait. Thanks for the tip, and have a great evening! 

Trusted Contributor

woo hoo!  It worked.  Posting from my PC.  Its rightside up.

Trusted Contributor

Keyai, it worked.  I deleted my post.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I reply to a post on my iPad, using Safari, the keyboard does not disappear when I click on "Post". I have to go to a different site tab and then go back to the forums to clear it.

ETA: The touch keyboard is still showing on the screen after posting this message.  I will have to switch to a different Safari tab to get rid of it.

Honored Contributor

So far all my iPad pictures have come out perfect, but I usually edit all my photos and I think that includes the couple I posted today.  I haven't seen any sideways pictures.  Thanks so much.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Montana, you have a keyboard key on your iPad to make it appear or disappear.  It's on the keyboard, bottom right corner....see the little keyboard symbol?

Honored Contributor

Keyai, how do you want us to crop it?  I'm not sure I'm understanding that part of uploading a picture.  Thanks for updating the site for iPad users. So far I'm not having any problems.  ☺️

Himi, you don't have to crop it, you just have to do Something in the edit function.  You could brighten it, make the color more intense, crop a fraction off a side, anything as long as you do something and "save".