QVC Social Team

Improved iPad functionality is now live!

[ Edited ]

We have made a few adjustments to improve iPad experience and you should now be able to complete many of the same features that customers on a desktop computer can use. 

Please let us know if you notice any problems with using an iPad in the Community.

Thanks for your patience while we got this resolved. There are more updates coming that will address other navigational issues that have been reported (i.e. My Activity Page and the jumping screen).

PLEASE NOTE:

The iPad experience is definitely not 100% corrected.

When you take a photo with your iPad and do not edit the photo (crop, improve the brightness, etc.) then the photo may appear sideways to non-iPad users.

If you edit the photo before posting to the forums the photo will be right side up for everyone.

Definitely not the experience we wanted for iPad users, but felt delaying any further would only frustrate users more.

We hope this helps explain why some photos are not right side up when posted with an iPad.

Respected Contributor

Re: Improved iPad functionality is now live!

Hello, QVC Social Team. Smiley Happy

Thanks for making it better for iPad users.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you QVC team ... Great work!

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the update and for realizing that with the new forums live, making some improvements now is a better option that delivering something better much later.

Will these changes also come to the iPhone? My only iPhone options are still Add Comment, Heart, and Post. I can't quote, add pictures, or anything else.

Honored Contributor

I will have to test it out, thank you!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dear Community team... thank you so much for the improved iPad functionality.  Thank you for the instructions for editing pics before posting... this is very helpful. and thank you for mentioning that you intend to improve the jumping screen.

I still have some WISHES... here they are:

• the system seems designed to slow down the use and accessability of the discussion groups.  For every action that used to take one step, it now seems to take 3 or 4.  I cannot access easily my previous posts or posts of others EASILY... yes, I can navigate to that place... discussions appear disjointed to me.  And I wonder if this was your intent?  I am trying to access reviews of purchases, opinions of products and obtain ideas for new purchases.  This method of accessing posts on the boards do not seem conducive to this information... it seems "jumbled."
  • The whole idea of using animated is fun, but confusing when switching between Pinterest, iPad and laptop.

ETA:  I don't care for the setup of the forums or the pages on the other shopping networks... this is why I have always preferred QVC in the past.  I felt that I could access help and ideas more easily here. 

Thank you for the improved functionality features. 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Many thanks for the better functionality and full rich text features for we iPad users! Such a welcomed improvement. 

I'm reporting to you per your request, an issue I experienced while formatting my last post. My cursor would not stay in place as I proceeded to the next paragraph. It kept hopping back up the page, and would not return to allow me to complete my post. 

This also happened on editing. 

Thank you for your attention to the matter. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

ChynnaBlue wrote:

Thank you for the update and for realizing that with the new forums live, making some improvements now is a better option that delivering something better much later.

Will these changes also come to the iPhone? My only iPhone options are still Add Comment, Heart, and Post. I can't quote, add pictures, or anything else.

@ChynnaBlue, My iPhone 5 (iOS 8.4) is fully functional here as long as I use the "Full" site instead of "Mobile."

After you tap "Reply," be sure you've chosen "Rich Text" at the top of the reply box instead of "HTML."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

WaJa61 wrote:

Many thanks for the better functionality and full rich text features for we iPad users! Such a welcomed improvement. 

I'm reporting to you per your request, an issue I experienced while formatting my last post. My cursor would not stay in place as I proceeded to the next paragraph. It kept hopping back up the page, and would not return to allow me to complete my post. 

This also happened on editing. 

Thank you for your attention to the matter. 

Hi, @WaJa61!

I noticed this, too, but wasn't sure how to describe it.

It's better using "Portrait" rather than "Landscape" mode, but it still takes quite a bit of maneuvering.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

@Community_Team wrote:

We have made a few adjustments to improve iPad experience and you should now be able to complete many of the same features that customers on a desktop computer can use. 

Please let us know if you notice any problems with using an iPad in the Community.

Thanks for your patience while we got this resolved. There are more updates coming that will address other navigational issues that have been reported (i.e. My Activity Page and the jumping screen).

PLEASE NOTE:

The iPad experience is definitely not 100% corrected.

When you take a photo with your iPad and do not edit the photo (crop, improve the brightness, etc.) then the photo may appear sideways to non-iPad users.

If you edit the photo before posting to the forums the photo will be right side up for everyone.

Definitely not the experience we wanted for iPad users, but felt delaying any further would only frustrate users more.

We hope this helps explain why some photos are not right side up when posted with an iPad.

Keyai, how do you want us to crop it?  I'm not sure I'm understanding that part of uploading a picture.  Thanks for updating the site for iPad users. So far I'm not having any problems.  ☺️