Contributor

In the question-and-answer section on almost every new product shown on air there is one question that stands out. In the descriptions for many products it says imported. Inevitably there ends up being at least one person questioning what the country of origin is. The question :
" imported from where?" Would not need to be answered if QVC would just list the country of origin.

Esteemed Contributor

That's because the same item can be made in several different countries.

The same shirt can be made in India, Bangladesh, Taiwan, etc at the same time.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@GNB1965   That question simply can't be answered in one word.  There are products that may have been made by contractors in more than one country.  Many products have components made in many countries.  For instance a computer assembled in China may contain a processor made by Intel in the USA.  Fabrics may be made in one country from fibers from others but the garment made in another.  We are part of an international community.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

We all know "imported" is code for China. For some reason QVC thinks we won't notice this little ruse. If they can't bother to reveal the origin, I can't bother to buy it.

Esteemed Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

We all know "imported" is code for China. For some reason QVC thinks we won't notice this little ruse. If they can't bother to reveal the origin, I can't bother to buy it.

Code for China or India or Pakistan or Bangladesh or Vietnam or Mexico or  Malaysia or any of the numerous countries that supply product to Q and many other retailers.  Unless an entire product contract is fulfilled from a single country--USA, England, France, Ireland--it is simply labeled imported.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

@furbabylover   Not true.  Imported means imported period.  I got an item today listed as imported and turns out it was made in Israel.  Many imported clothing items are being made in Vietnam, Cambodia as well as other SE Asian countries and Central America.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

And there you are, my old friend!! I agree that in some cases imported may mean Israel, Cambodia, etc., but the percentage of imports from those countries is virtually insignificant in comparison to China. Don't you think if QVC wasn't aware of our sensitivity to China-made products they would openly list China as the source? They know that for many people China is a deal breaker, and to fluff over the country of origin is a sales tactic.

Super Contributor

If the Q can identify the country of origin, I think it should. I'm interest in knowing where my item was manufactured.

Contributor

I agree that coutry or countries of origin should be listed.  In this era, I would prefer to filter my choices as I browse, using country of origin as a criteria, the same as size and color.  After all, we are living in 2021, not 1972 when Nixon sold us out to China by visiting to "pull China into the world community", which turned out to be a technological and commercial mistake.

Valued Contributor

QVC has no problem listing USA as the country of origin for Scott Living TSV!  Some items may go thru several countries to manufacture but listing the country of origin is very important today.  Unfortunately I posted this topic a few days ago and it was already moved.