New Contributor

How about a Prime Membership if you don't qualify for Qcard

I haven't used credit in thirty years, so I don't qualiify for the card. Like Amazon, a paid membership could give me the extra payments card holders get. I use easy pay all the time, but it is limiting. My house and cars are paid for, and at 70 years old, I'm not likely to finance anything really expensive. I would just like a fair opportunity at the longer payments available to card holders. For the sake of the company's arrangement with the bank issuing the card, the choice would have to be one or the other. I appreciate the consideration.

Honored Contributor

Re: How about a Prime Membership if you don't qualify for Qcard

@mzleeSo Synchrony has refused to issue you a credit card because you have no credit history, but you expect another company to give you credit (that's exactly what EZPay is) and isn't acting fair if they don't???   Aren't you already being treated like anyone else who doesn't qualify for a credit card?

Honored Contributor

Im a little dense this morning and dont quite understand your post.

What I read is that you belong to Amazon Prime, correct?  If you do and you order from them, then you do use credit since that is the only way you can order from them.  But you dont quality for the card?  What card exactly?

Sorry for my confusion.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@mzlee @When we first moved to the USA I saw constant ads on tv...bad credit no credit no problem.We purchased a home and owned two vehicles while my dh had a good job but we couldn't get a credit card as we had no credit history.I had a sears card from Canada that couldn't be used here but sears USA would not issue a card...no history.It was funny to me that as soon as my son entered college he got many preapproved credit applications.He had no job and would be in school for the next seven years.Lol.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie   You can pay by "check" on Amazon Prime.  "Food" items an EBT (food stamps) card.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Im a little dense this morning and dont quite understand your post.

What I read is that you belong to Amazon Prime, correct?  If you do and you order from them, then you do use credit since that is the only way you can order from them.  But you dont quality for the card?  What card exactly?

Sorry for my confusion.

She may mean that a debit card is used as opposed to a credit card.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I'd go to a local bank, establish accounts with them and ask about getting a card through the bank.  

Trusted Contributor

@mom2four0418  ..... Why would the OP not be able to use their debit card for easy pay through QVC?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@mom2four0418  ..... Why would the OP not be able to use their debit card for easy pay through QVC?

@Sheila P-Burg   She probably does use her debit card for easy pays.  She wants a Q Card because they allow you an additional # of easy pays.  I know you can use a debit card for easy pays, because I've done it.

She said she uses easy pay all the time but wants the additional easy pays you get with a Q Card.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

I never said that she couldn’t, but was just suggesting that perhaps she does not consider a debit card to be credit, which it is not. I would imagine that she would be required to use some sort of bank card in order to be eligible for Easy Pay. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky