New Contributor

I have been a Q customer for years, however I no longer enjoy watching the presentations. It seems over the last year or so (maybe more) the hosts have been asked to dominate the conversations. They talk over the designers and guests and pretend to be the product experts; the guests are only allowed to talk for a limited amount of time. I find this embarrasing for the guests, and you can see the frustration on their faces. Since I like to hear what the designers and other product reps have to say about their own products, there is little value in watching at this time.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts Presentation Style

It's just not the same.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Yes, this has been going on for years. I hardly watch live presentations any more. It is very frustrating!!! I can imagine what it is like for the vendor.....

I did see poor Ashley from Skechers for a few minutes during the last Shoe Shpping show, and she could barely get a word in-she kept trying though!!!!!!lol.....

Esteemed Contributor

It is especially hard to watch when the two hosts banter, or tell stories to each other, and the vendor just stands there.

QVC needs to overhaul the format.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Couldn't agree more with all of the above.  Used to love watching QVC but no longer.  Now that there are 2 hosts talking nonsense and a vendor giving no product info, I just check recently on air and that's it.  Those who watch for "entertainment" good for you because it's no longer a shopping channel.  I'm gone!!

Respected Contributor

This was a couple of years ago but I remember watching Marlo on HSN one night and it was so frustrating.  The vendor was explaining something and it was like Marlo wasn't even listening because she would interrupt in the middle of his thought and ask other questions and make random comments.  I was really wanting to hear the end of the vendor's story.  Well, the next week she was on and she said that she had received complaints about jumping in.  She said someone asked why she just didn't let the vendor speak.  She said what we didn't understand is that they are trained that the presentation should be like a back-and-forth conversation - always.  They are taught not to just let the vendor speak.

In my opinion, that's bad training.  We can learn from the vendors (especially computer presentations where they are showing how to do something).  SK interrupted an iPad demonstration once right when the vendor was getting to the important part of how to do something.  She changed the subject and the vendor never got to finish.

I think the hosts could all stand a refresher course or two but apparently, our opinions do not matter.

Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN 

\

If it was last night's "Shoe Shopping With...." I saw it. The host was positively manic.

Respected Contributor

Again and again I will hear a vendor explain or describe something and then the host asks the vendor to explain something, which is exactly what the vendor was just talking about. Obviously some hosts do not pay attention and just stand there waiting to talk. But the worst is two hosts talking about nothing and pay no attention to the knowledgeable vendor. 

Trusted Contributor

@santorini 

This is a  Content Marketing best practice; studies have indicated that two different voices will hold the listener's attention as opposed to just one speaker.

Trusted Contributor

Yes,totally agree.Some host just can't be still!watching last nite,Jane took over,Courtney sets gets up maybe once.Jane never stops,off went the program.Why two hosts is beyond me