Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hosts Presentation Style

@chrystaltree wrote:

Nothing new about that.  The ship channel industry has changed.  It isn't the 90s anymore.  If QVC doesn't interest you or meet your shopping needs; stop watching. QVC.  Shop elsewhere.  

How does this comment add to the discussion? I don't recall anybody asking you where they should shop. 

Contributor

Agree

also Terri Con and Stacey are great presenters 

Contributor

Watched a few minutes of Valerie with JT. I forget what Christmas item they were presenting. AsValerie started the description, JT interrupted and said "when I walk into my daughters apartment" I immediately turned off the show. What does that have to do with anything.

And I do enjoy watching Valerie. She should present alone

Respected Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

Again and again I will hear a vendor explain or describe something and then the host asks the vendor to explain something, which is exactly what the vendor was just talking about. Obviously some hosts do not pay attention and just stand there waiting to talk. But the worst is two hosts talking about nothing and pay no attention to the knowledgeable vendor. 

I noticed that recently and the vendor looked at the host like "I just said that".  The vendor was dumbfounded when the host asked them to explain something that they just said.

Contributor

I agree with this. I find it boring when the vendor alone spends the hour talking about their product. Q2 is doing that less now. 

New Contributor

I was watching a show last night because I wanted to see Dennis Basso present his luxurious throw. He was explainng how the throw was made and Shawn interruptesd and asked, "Is this sewn?". Then Nany piped in with some inane comment. You could see the frustration on Dennis' face. I gave up and turned off the show and didn't order the throw. I don't understand the point of having the designer on set if no one is going to listen to what he/she has to say. The push to sell has overpowered common courtesy....and yes I do watch less and less and only check online for products I might want to order.

Respected Contributor

I don't mind the chit-chat as long as they give all the information on the product.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@manny2 wrote:

It is especially hard to watch when the two hosts banter, or tell stories to each other, and the vendor just stands there.

QVC needs to overhaul the format.

@manny2 Courtney and Jane do this a lot. I was watching a presentation of a VPH item and they just went on and on between themselves totally ignoring Valerie's substitute OAP. I was embarrassed for her. She was probably wondering "what am I doing here"? By the time they finally turned their attention to her the presentation was almost over.

New Contributor

I don't know why they even have experts representing the company, the hosts know it all, by the time they let the person speak, there's really nothing else to say. I have gotten to the point where I will mute when some of the hosts are on, or change the channel. I'm so tired of hearing "literally, ps and by the way," over and over, today the woman presenting a personal blender was also saying ps and by the way, and it's seems that every item Alberti Popaj presents, he has a personal story to go with it, just like Tracey.  

New Contributor

Yes