Contributor

I have noticed over the years that the hosts who leave on their own because of family or other issues are given a beautiful, heartfelt goodbye party on QVC. That didn't happen with Carolyn or Dan. They just said they were leaving to work on other projects. No party or farewell from QVC. They were fired, and everyone knows it!!! We are not fools, QVC!!!

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts Leaving

[ Edited ]

@Jewelrygal wrote:

I have noticed over the years that the hosts who leave on their own because of family or other issues are given a beautiful, heartfelt goodbye party on QVC. That didn't happen with Carolyn or Dan. They just said they were leaving to work on other projects. No party or farewell from QVC. They were fired, and everyone knows it!!! We are not fools, QVC!!!

@Jewelrygal 

Are you under the impression that QVC was trying to "fool" customers?   I don't.  

I think you need to accept that all Human Resources information about any QVC employee is really none of your business ... not even if you are a shareholder.

If you are still employed ... or ever have been ... do you think any company you work for should just give out your personal information to others because they are nosy? 

MYOB. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

They were laid off .  Terminated.  Services no longer required.

No farewells when that occurs.

No parties or cakes or fanfare or televised good byes with an involuntary separation. 

Terminated.  Terminated.  Terminated. 

Honored Contributor

@Jewelrygal They were not fired.  They were laid off, along with many other Q employees at that time.  Companies don't typically throw parties when they have a layoff.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Qurate can't afford 485 farewell parties.

(400 at QXH US and 85 at Zulily a week later.)

Contributor

If you have been with QVC for a long time as I and millions of other people have, these hosts become like your family, especially if you don't have a family. I can't help but care.

Honored Contributor

Just let it go.  They didn't resign, they were part of a layoff.  When people resign or retire, they are happy about it and there's time to plan a goodbye.  When you get laid off or fired, it's a shock to everyone and you it's not happy thing.  The floor caves in and that's all you can think about.  

Honored Contributor

@Jewelrygal    If you knew anything about corporate activity, you'd know parties are never given during lay-offs.  They laid off 400 people, would you have expected 400 parties?  Carolyn and Dan were no more important than the other 398. Your naviety is showing.

As someone else said, you're beating a dead horse.  Move on, it's over.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Jewelrygal wrote:

If you have been with QVC for a long time as I and millions of other people have, these hosts become like your family, especially if you don't have a family. I can't help but care.

I hear you @Jewelrygal .  If they ever let David go I'm going to lose it big time.  Love that guy!