Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen    You're somethin' else.  What an imagination.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   I showed your response to my husband, who was in the corporate world for many years, and he said you are correct.

I personally think all the posts about Carolyn and Dan are because the Q is always pushing this 'family thing' and a good many of their shoppers have bought into this. When suddenly you don't see a 'family member'...it is quite natural to kick up a fuss. It will take time for this to settle down and probably right before another crew gets the chopping block. Who knows? 

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee   Please thank dh for me.  I've repeated this numerous times and no one believes me.  It's good to have outside validation.

I think your theory is correct also.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Silence is definitely part of the deal I bet.

To receive my recent separation benefits the corporate attorneys drafted an agreement requiring: 

That I do not pursue litigation for any reason.

That I do not disparage them publicly, including social media.

Of course I agreed and signed immediately.  The separation benefits were very, very generous for my situation and I had zero interest in pursuing costly and lengthy litigation. 

I'm content, as are they.

Regular Contributor

I just wonder why these two were chosen.  Age factor could mean to avoid paying a pension  although I believe that is illegal now.  Years ago my husband worked for a company who fired anyone within 6 months of retiring.  They certainly were not the most unpopular.  There are several still there that are really really disliked and when people shut of the tv due to certain hosts being on that is costly in the long run.  Doesn't"t make much sense to me.  But corporate decisions are often nonsensical.

Respected Contributor

For my two cents, I think a lot of companies out there want to terminate people that have had extended time off due to illnesses. Don't know if QVC offers insurance benefits. In the case of both Carolyn and Dan they both were out for periods of time due to health problems. Possibly, a reason for termination. Don't know, just saying Woman Mad

Trusted Contributor

@Estellee wrote:

For my two cents, I think a lot of companies out there want to terminate people that have had extended time off due to illnesses. Don't know if QVC offers insurance benefits. In the case of both Carolyn and Dan they both were out for periods of time due to health problems. Possibly, a reason for termination. Don't know, just saying Woman Mad

There is either something to this theory or it is one big gigantic coincidence...and I don't believe in coincidence.

For Carolyn, there is one more thing that went against her IMO, but for sure it didn't help her.

It was the comment she made to Gary about the one hour motels. That's the thing about words...that come out of your mouth...you can't unring the bell. Woman Sad

Respected Contributor

Never heard that comment about the motels, lol