Not applicable

Hello everyone! What has always "bugged" me is the too talkative hostess. Most all of them do this. I know that when they are giving their "pitch", it is about the same as always. I do not pay much attention to the hostesses, knowing that they say they love the product when maybe they do , but not always. I don't even care, but let the author of the product do the talking! I get so irritated when a big mouth interrupts when I just got interested in what the creator is talking about and here comes the noise! Some of the hostesses, particularly one I can think of, is always an irritation, trying to be so intelligent and says nothing as far as I am concerned. Yes, it is their job to allow some rest for the vendor, but my goodness, I get so tired of the interruptions! Don't mean to be critical except to let you know how this very old gal has been shopping with the Q as long as it has been on, and I feel I should share my view if I like. Thanks for the time!

Contributor

I agree with you. I also hate when the host or hostess begins a conversation with themselves or yells over to the models. If they bother to have the designer on, let them describe their product.

Respected Contributor

Wow, I haven't heard that term "hostess" in a very long time.

Puts me in mind of cupcakes. . .

Honored Contributor
On 4/29/2014 retired5 said:

I agree with you. I also hate when the host or hostess begins a conversation with themselves or yells over to the models. If they bother to have the designer on, let them describe their product.

I agree and also don't care much for the "inside" jokes. Give us pertinent information about the products/clothing.

Honored Contributor
I have to believe that the hosts are doing as they have been instructed. FYI: The US Department of Labor removed job titles that denote secks from the Dictionary of Occupational Titles years ago.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

How can that be so if other sales people like Jennifer and Alberti act so professionally and the too many others to name don't. I think it's all a big ego trip for most of them, after all they are not just sales people they are doing some acting too.

Regular Contributor

For every host that does this, there are guests that do the same thing or worse. Some of the guests won't even let the host give us the ordering options before they start talking over them.

Valued Contributor
On 4/29/2014 insomniac said:

Wow, I haven't heard that term "hostess" in a very long time.

Puts me in mind of cupcakes. . .

salespeople----hostesses??? lol
Valued Contributor
On 4/29/2014 Daysdee said:
On 4/29/2014 retired5 said:

I agree and also don't care much for the "inside" jokes. Give us pertinent information about the products/clothing.

Regular Contributor

It has always annoyed me when either the host or the vendor says "let's go over to the models" or "let's play." The models have been styled by the stylists already, so why on earth does the host or vendor need to go over there holding all of the garments in different colors and putting them up in front of the models? It looks so stupid to me. Same thing with the handbags when they try to show different colors with the outfits the models are wearing. I think most of us who tune in already know the color bag we want or need or like, and somehow that sales tactic bothers me. Particularly annoying is Dennis Basso, who loves to play up to the models and some of the hosts.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.