New Contributor

Wow! I was just watching OVC - Halo was on and Shawn just left the host to finish up with her own product. That is more than rude. the host is not there to do the job of the host.  Maybe we ought to think about how to do things without being rude to the hosts who are showing their products.

Trusted Contributor

Hosts do it all the time because they have to go to another set or change into a certain outfit.  I've seen it many times and don't consider it rude at all. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Host leaving

[ Edited ]

Wait a minute!  You just said Shawn "left the host to finish" with her own product.  I think it was the "representative" left to do the job.  Shawn possibly had to rush to another set.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

The hosts are told to do this. I've seen Gary Goben have to take over three times. I've seen Jen Coffey have to do this. This isn't up to the hosts,

Trusted Contributor

That wasn't a "host", it was the representative for the product, her job to tell customers about the product, not the actual host, Shawn.

Honored Contributor

This happens several times, in some ways it is good,we hear more about the product,rather than  two people talking.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

If the hosts do this, the least they could do is excuse themselves and explain they must rush to another set.  To just walk away is incredibly rude to the guest and audience.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@KingstonMom wrote:

That wasn't a "host", it was the representative for the product, her job to tell customers about the product, not the actual host, Shawn.

Absolutely!  The rep is just "that"...paid to "represent" the product.  It's what they get paid for.  I would think they enjoy the opportunity to "talk it up."

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

I have seen Shawn do that before with a new vendor. It was Nic+Zoe and the vendor just stood their with no clue what to do next. I don't think that is appropriate to just walk away like you have amnesia. If that is how they are instructed to do their job, it needs to be reviewed.

Trusted Contributor

@Kat 5  Just my opinion, but it is really no different to me than the product rep presenting a product on q2 live without any host which as been fairly common, and i have seen the halo rep do this a number of times. Also the host often has to go to another area to present the next product. I see no problem with it. I really do not see the need to have 2, 3, or 4 people presenting one item as is the case now. Back when the q was in infancy stage, it was rare to have a product rep. The host did all the selling.