New Contributor

Host Break-In's Interruptions

I feel like the host break-ins, where a host from an upcoming show breaks into an "on air" show, can be very rude in nature.  This is very pronounced when there is little to no reconition of the "guest" designer or contributor.  Hugs n Kiss and I love you's between the hosts is very awkward when the guest is waiting to the side and it is basically their air time.  I have seen one instance where this was done eliqently and the sub-host popped in very briefly with equal awareness to guest and then exited while honoring the guest with good show well wishing, etc.

Honored Contributor

Re: Host Break-In's Interruptions

It has never been a major issue for me because I am not easily annoyed, however I COMPLETELY understand how such behaviors can be off putting for some!🥰

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

non issue

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Trusted Contributor

IMHO, a total waste of time. Adds nothing and is just an unnecessary and often uncomfortable interruption to the current program. Same goes for the customer on air calls QVC has resurrected with such gusto as of late...all of a sudden they're back with a vengeance. Adds nothing and only makes me mute the channel even more!  

Honored Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

non issue

@TheMemphisVette  I just have to tell you what a pleasure it is to read some of your no nonsense one-liners. They really make me smile.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

non issue

@TheMemphisVette  I just have to tell you what a pleasure it is to read some of your no nonsense one-liners. They really make me smile.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles 

lol   that is me trying to be good

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

Something must be wrong with me. I just don't get it.

All these complaints about the hosts seem petty.  How do some people get through their day with such anxiety over trivial stuff.

Can these things really be that bothersome?

Honored Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

non issue

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles 

lol   that is me trying to be good

@TheMemphisVette 😂😂😂 Ok!😂

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

I don't know for certain but it seems to me that the host 'break in' is orchestrated.  I think it is not the case that a host that interrupts just happens to be on the set and must say "hi".  It's a sales tactic to show the viewers that we are all friends here, or watch my upcoming show, or take a look at the cute outfit I am wearing so you want to buy it too.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I don't know for certain but it seems to me that the host 'break in' is orchestrated.  I think it is not the case that a host that interrupts just happens to be on the set and must say "hi".  It's a sales tactic to show the viewers that we are all friends here, or watch my upcoming show, or take a look at the cute outfit I am wearing so you want to buy it too.

Orchestrated? Well of course it is! It's been going on at QVC for quite awhile now and soooooo predictable. Each host has their marching orders as to when they will "pop in" to QVC main channel to seemingly nonchalantly promote their programming on QVC2. I don't even get it! Do they want us to abandon programming on QVC and abort to QVC2 tout suite? Many people don't get QVC2 so it's not even an option for them. And those who get both are probably QVC savvy enough to check the program guide to decide which channel has the product presentations they are most interested in.   

Again, I deem this unnecessary, unproductive, and uncomfortable for all involved.