Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

How come other big companies ship things out THE SAME DAY or at least the next day.... and QVC has things percolating  in the warehouse for 5 -6-10 days before they even ship?? 

How come other big companies don't operate 3 television networks 24/7? It's like comparing apples and donuts.  The most time it's taken for one of my orders to ship was 4 days.

Average number of boxes shipped per year:

HSN - 50 million

QVC - 183 million

AMAZON - 600 MILLION

Amazon shipping is amazing and Prime customers (of which there are about 80 million) can get many things same day and all within 2 days. Non prime is almost as quick.  No excuse for slow QVC delivery.  TSV are usually shipped faster.

Respected Contributor

I just wanted to let you know that I have an order in now for a Malden Mills sheet set.  I ordered it on Sept. 29 and it is still in process.  That's 7 days. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

How come other big companies ship things out THE SAME DAY or at least the next day.... and QVC has things percolating  in the warehouse for 5 -6-10 days before they even ship?? 

Because the other companies are in total control of their own shipping 90-100% of the time, with full inventories in their computer database at all times, and shipping takes place from one business.

This is not how QVC operates, because they will never have the space to have every item they sell in their warehouse at any given time. They will never be Amazon or Walmart - not only will they never have the money and resources to do that, they just aren’t in that kind of competition.

A vendor comes to QVC and says they have 10,000 of an item. When QVC puts it on air, they count up to 10,000 and say “Sold Out.” The item ships from the vendor, who takes as long as they feel like to process and mail it out. They may only have had 9,000 of the item in reality. Sometimes they will make more, hence 5-7 days “in process.” Other times they say the heck with it and say “sold out”, even though QVC customers 9,001-10,000 were told the item was in stock. QVC doesn’t know any of this until/unless the company contacts them and tells them. Many don’t.

It’s the way QVC operates. I don’t see it changing. Some companies they sell for are accurate & conscientious and some aren’t. QVC isn’t highly motivated to do anything about it because a small handful of people complain - the only way QVC even is aware in many cases.

FWIW, most of the online companies I deal with of all types of mdse have similar shipping times. Websites like Blair and Hanes take on average three weeks from order to arrival with their standard shipping, which isn’t cheap. Vionic is nearly always next day for me, as I live 2 hrs from where they are shipped and they ship Fedex for $5! But they are the exception.

Talking rip-off - I ordered five tiny bottles of essential oils from a “company” (woman’s kitchen table) that all fit in a small baggie with room to spare for five more. The entire package (small box, bubble wrap) weighed about 8 oz max. Shipping was $17-$18!! and it took about 6 days. Lesson learned the hard way on that one. The oils barely smell in my diffuser using 15 drops, where the whole room smells good from the $5-6 cheapie oils I got at Marshall’s when I use 8 drops.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

How come other big companies don't operate 3 television networks 24/7? It's like comparing apples and donuts.  The most time it's taken for one of my orders to ship was 4 days.

HSN - 50 million

QVC - 183 million

AMAZON - 600 MILLION

Amazon shipping is amazing and Prime customers (of which there are about 80 million) can get many things same day and all within 2 days. Non prime is almost as quick.  No excuse for slow QVC delivery.  TSV are usually shipped faster.

@mspatmac I'm an Amazon Prime member and I never get anything in 2 days anymore. It's more like 4 days+.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

HSN - 50 million

QVC - 183 million

AMAZON - 600 MILLION

@mspatmac I'm an Amazon Prime member and I never get anything in 2 days anymore. It's more like 4 days+.

Prime is 2-Day shipping, not 2-days from order to arrival - it has never been advertised as 2 days from hitting “Buy” to arrival on your doorstep. People want it to be that, assume it is that, and complain when it isn’t - but Amazon never said Prime was what customers want it to be. It is what it is.

When I order and it’s “fulfilled by Amazon” and shipped from an Amazon warehouse, I get it in 2 days or even 1 day. Always, unless I order at midnight-1 am on a Sunday.  When I order from a third party seller, it gives me an arrival range of days, which is really their processing/handling time plus the two days. Sometimes it takes 5-6 days to arrive, but it tells me that before I click “Buy.” If it’s very important to me, I usually have other purchase/ship options on the website and can choose a different seller. If only one seller has what I need and there is no other option, Ima have to deal with the seller’s s&h timeframe.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all