Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Chi-town girl    I don't think the majority of American women are sitting at home wearing Muk Luks or Quacker Factory.  Most go off to work every day.  What do you wear to work?  There has always been a retired segment that dresses very casually.

My point is that YOU are wearing the Muk Luks, D&C, QF. So why are you asking for 'designer' fashions? 

I'm very active and wear a wide range of brands/styles. And I have no issues with what Q is offering. I also shop elsewhere; don't expect every retailer to offer 'everything' 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

People complain now about the high prices for Denim & co and Susan Graver's clothing.
Can you imagine what QVC would charge for genuine designer fashions?

@deeva - 🤪🤣😂 it's the evolution of forum whining and complaining! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Jason Wu is a "real" designer, trained at the Parsons School of design. I do not find his clothing any nicer or better than what Susan Graver or any other "designer" at QVC offers. It is just a matter of your tastes.

Honored Contributor

It's not the designer that matters so much anymore, it's the QVC Buyer.  Haven't you noticed that many of the brands have morphed into the same look?  It's QVC that determines what they want to sell, and dictate that back to the vendor.  

If the mandate is loungewear, every brand better have a loungewear line to sustain them.  If it's t-shirts, jeans, or long tops that hide the hips -- that's what gets pushed on air.  QVC makes the decision of who their main demographic is and apparently they are still buying it.  I would have never imagined a Pima cotton t-shirt could be tweaked over a hundred times and still sell on air 4 years & counting.

If Louis Del'Olio sold on QVC at the numbers he used to, he'd still be on QVC.  He didn't, so he's gone. 

If you want to buy primarily from QVC and don't see your style on air, look on the website.  There are ton of designs that never make it in presentations.

But your best bet is to shop a variety of retail places for what you truly want.

Esteemed Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

Jason Wu is a "real" designer, trained at the Parsons School of design. I do not find his clothing any nicer or better than what Susan Graver or any other "designer" at QVC offers. It is just a matter of your tastes.

@Janey2 I agree.  I do not like the Jason Wu line.  Although, Isaac's couture is very different from what we see at QVC; I'd say the same for JW.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Chi-town girl    I don't think the majority of American women are sitting at home wearing Muk Luks or Quacker Factory.  Most go off to work every day.  What do you wear to work?  There has always been a retired segment that dresses very casually.

My point is that YOU are wearing the Muk Luks, D&C, QF. So why are you asking for 'designer' fashions? 

I'm very active and wear a wide range of brands/styles. And I have no issues with what Q is offering. I also shop elsewhere; don't expect every retailer to offer 'everything' 

How do you know what she's wearing?? Are you her neighbor? The post was insulting. 

Contributor

I agree.  Miss Bob Mackie and Dennis Basso. Seem to be getting  pretty stale with the same tee shirts and pedal pushers. I dont know anyone who wears pedal pushers . yes to Capris. I was also disappointed in the Studio Park Line,except for Kristin's pieces which were  very stylish 

I wish they would bring back Katrina Szish.  What a great host with a great eye for style.

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm very active and wear a wide range of brands/styles. And I have no issues with what Q is offering. I also shop elsewhere; don't expect every retailer to offer 'everything

@Chi-town girl   I don't own a Muk Luk and only a few in unembellished QF tees plus some D&C tees and jeans.  I don't wear lounge clothes or pjs.

When I say "designer" I'm thinking of someone who has studied, been to school and actually knows what he or she is doing, not coutour or one-of-a-kind.  Most designers fall in that category.  We're not talking Coco Chanel, just some original ideas.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I agree, Jason WU is a huge disappointment.  I've never once even considered buying a single item.  His dresses are awful, very matronly.  He has badly misinterpreted what the Q buyer wants.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: Genuine Designers

[ Edited ]

QVC gets rid of,  or limits,  the designers that actually design.   Too bad.  I do not buy any of the clothes they advertise.  Overpriced and ordinary.  JMO