Honored Contributor

Frustration with LUNCHTIME SPECIALS

I'd like to reintroduce an old topic, hoping that technology can come to the help of faithful "lunchtime special" shoppers.

Is there any way to enable shoppers to place committed orders on items that are bought by others then cancelled within the five hour lunchtime special period of time?

I have recently attempted to purchase SEVERAL items in the first two hours of "LUNCHTIME....." only to find them sold out, BUT when I check the item a half hour after lunchtime specials time slot is over, the sold out items are available since other buyers have cancelled, typically at MUCH higher prices.

YES, buyer's remorse results in cancelled orders. I know that, and I've done that myself.

I avoid doing so whenever I can. 

But why not develop a queue of potential buyers to make the purchase as soon as a cancellation appears? Couldn't that be done via the amazing power of the computer?

QVC Customer Care

Re: Frustration with LUNCHTIME SPECIALS

Hi @violann, Great suggestion, I will be sure to pass it on.

Honored Contributor

@violann @Alice-QVC

This is a fantastic idea! 

Honored Contributor

@violann That's a wonderful idea, hope TPTB are listening.

I wonder why people wait until LTS prices have expired before they decide to cancel their order.   I've always wondered about that.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

With lunchtime specials, often my first choice of an item (size and/or color) is gone. So I'll buy my 2nd choice- or even 3rd choice! And then edit my order later in the day when the stock replenishes.  I've even been able to edit my order the following day! QVC has sped up  processing lately (even if your order status seems to say  'in process' for days!) , so editing your order beyond that can be iffy..

Regular Contributor

Thanks @Ibby114 for the info about editing after 4 pm EST ... I would assume the previous 'higher price' would then be reflected once the "change was made" .... who knew~!   

Honored Contributor

It IS a good idea, assuming the items don't sell out because QVC has only alloted a small number to be sold at a LTS price. I'm not personally sure that availability at the higher price is always a function of buyer's remorse.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

I wonder why people wait until LTS prices have expired before they decide to cancel their order.   I've always wondered about that.

@lucymo I think they are just waiting till the very last minute to debate the purchase. Not nice.

Sort of o/t if they'd stop accepting checks as payment, I think that would help. I've read posts about "placing an item on a check hold." Check hold? No such thing. It's just tying up inventory to debate a purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

@VAbelle wrote:

Thanks @Ibby114 for the info about editing after 4 pm EST ... I would assume the previous 'higher price' would then be reflected once the "change was made" .... who knew~!   

@VAbelle you used to be able to edit the order throughout the entire time the order status said 'in process'. Now when the order is 'packaging' you can't change the order. The wording never changes on the order status screen, though - you just lose the 'edit' option!

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo I think they are just waiting till the very last minute to debate the purchase. Not nice.

Sort of o/t if they'd stop accepting checks as payment, I think that would help. I've read posts about "placing an item on a check hold." Check hold? No such thing. It's just tying up inventory to debate a purchase.

@Mj12  I hope QVC finds a way to make that work better for some who really want to purchase at the LTS price.  I won't buy the item when it shows up after the special price has expired.

I agree about the check hold.  Some use that to tie up inventory just in case they might want the item.  QVC CS actually suggested the check hold to a friend of mine, because she was cancelling too many orders.