Trusted Contributor

People keep requesting male items. Please show on air.

I have been reading requests for shows with gifts for men for years.  QVC sells items specifically for them why are they not presented on air.  Not long ago a caller asked Liam for men's shoes.  He told her that they did have them on line.  QVC is missing a large market when they ignore men.  When Liam made his comment I looked on line.  There are clothes, jewerly and a large collection of shoes from well known designers.  WHY do they not have a man's show at least once a week and incorporate those men's items in daily shows.  Many men like to shop but hate the malls.  They might try shopping on line if they can get quality, value and dependable service.  We women would shop for our men.  I have been insulted by shopping sites for years because they stress that we ladies have a hard time and deserve buying things for ourselves.   I am not a family of one.  As a family we work together.  No one person is more deserving than another.  When I was shopping for the men in my life I also made needed purchases for me.  I did not shop on line until my family was grown and I became a widow.  You are possibly missing a bigger market than you think by not addressing men on air.  Just a thought.  I have read a couple of the slipping financial reports and things are not as good as hoped for some time.  You have the products why not promote them????

Esteemed Contributor

Re: People keep requesting male items. Please show on air.

Thats a wonderful idea...

I have said, many times on this board, that the Q. has tons of items on their site...why not have an hour a day or a week showing all these hidden items...it would make for an interesting show/shows...

Sure would break up the monotonus programming they have now...

Respected Contributor

Qvc used to have male items and children items.  I imagine if it was a big seller, they would do it. I never bought male clothes for my husband here and he used to watch QVC with me.

Trusted Contributor

Profits might be higher if they sold more items per hour.  They should watch their own programs for content.  Maybe they might cut the chit chat just a little, get done to showing us the product so we can buy.   If they put in just 1 more item per hour it would help their bottom line and still be fun and friendly to all.  They have male hosts and the female hosts have men in their life.  We know that they have male models because we see them demonstrating exercise equipment, etc.  Just the opinion of a long time shopper.

Respected Contributor

I say, if there is a huge demand for men's online shopping, someone should start a shopping channel for that.

Frequent Contributor

I agree.  I've called customer service several times and suggested they offer items for men. I know I would buy for the men in my life more often if I saw things on TV rather than making a special trip to the mall and know men would do the same.  Come on QVC listen to your viewers!