Contributor

Re: Excessive host bashing from the forums

Well said taja123.  You get it and are very fair.  Some of us like to see adults selling products as a professional and well versed when describing an item.  We hold ourselves and others to a higher standard and expect presentations to be informative.  

Respected Contributor

There is a lot of the liberal use of the term constructive criticism to defend and give license to the "airing of personal grievances" against different hosts they don't even know. A lot of posters know the difference because they have a certain level of integrity and dignity in their personal lives that carries over here. There are so many others who are not there in that place. Those with the more developed sense of propriety, I'll just call it that,can see that, but unfortunately the trashers can't. You can't fix that by moderation that has no clearly written standard filed away on that page that they supposedly follow, and we know we can't fix people who post here.

Respected Contributor

It doesn't disturb me.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

It has been stated multiple times that the QVC hosts and QVC management DO NOT READ THESE FORUMS.  So please do not say that the critical comments posted here are meant as constructive criticism because posters know no one but other posters are reading them.  They are posted just so the poster can rant about what they do not like about a host.  Constructive criticism takes the form of a well written letter to the Office of the CEO nor rantings on a bulletin board.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe hosts or their friends/family read these forums (and thell them). I also think vendors and management does too. One can learn a lot from these boards.

Esteemed Contributor

You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.  Every time I read a thread where someone bashes a host for something like their voice and then says they are only posting their comments as constructive criticism so the host will improve I do a internal eye roll and think to myself “Yeah, right.  Sure you are.”

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

It has been stated multiple times that the QVC hosts and QVC management DO NOT READ THESE FORUMS.  So please do not say that the critical comments posted here are meant as constructive criticism because posters know no one but other posters are reading them.  They are posted just so the poster can rant about what they do not like about a host.  Constructive criticism takes the form of a well written letter to the Office of the CEO nor rantings on a bulletin board.

I don't believe they don't read the forums.  They may tell you they don't, but they do.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.  Every time I read a thread where someone bashes a host for something like their voice and then says they are only posting their comments as constructive criticism so the host will improve I do a internal eye roll and think to myself “Yeah, right.  Sure you are.”

Are you kidding?  They SPEAK for a living!!  If their voice is not well modulated, or if they mispronounce words, if they repeat themselves, etc., it is a PROBLEM.  It's not just a bunch of meanies on a message board whining because they have nothing better to do.

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

I, for one, consider it to be bullying when posters post overly critical and downright mean things about hosts, knowing they are not allowed to come on and defend themselves..in fact, I would  venture a guess that the inability for the victim to defend themselves is the definition of “bullying”...

And it is seen frequently here....

Andwhat about comments about other posters....isnt that a form of BULLYING.....just because someone has a different opinion.................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Mothertrucker wrote:

I, for one, consider it to be bullying when posters post overly critical and downright mean things about hosts, knowing they are not allowed to come on and defend themselves..in fact, I would  venture a guess that the inability for the victim to defend themselves is the definition of “bullying”...

And it is seen frequently here....

Two thoughts:

How can you bully someone who most likely isn’t even seeing the comments, or most of them? It’s like if a tree falls in the forest and no one’s around to hear, does it make a noise?  I don’t think you can bully someone who is unaware of it.

Define “inability to defend” in the larger sense. I understand your meaning that a QVC employee can’t blast back at customers, but as far as the forums in general, adults can defend themselves (or ignore it, or report it). 

The bullying issue/criteria aside, comments on hair, makeup, voice, weight, clothing, home life, morals, etc are just so junior high/middle school. 

@Moonchilde

I agree with you comments with one exception....the hair sticking in one of the eyes drives me crazy...I want to reach through the TV screen and brush the hair away...its distracting, its annoying...and it certainly makes me grab my remote.........otherwise I dont care how they wear their hair....although I did have to giggle at Josie Maran who had blue hair and blue dress and I was waiting her to sing the song from the movie, :"Frozen"....LOL!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”