Super Contributor

I bought one of these at Walmart a few days ago. I used it yesterday for the first time. I followed instructions exactly as written. I think, in my entire life, I never made hard boiled eggs so perfect, in every way.  You shake them at the end, and they came out perfectly shelled! Money well spent!

Trusted Contributor

I found using a small jar with a lid...like a pint canning jar...works for peeling eggs, too. Put a little water in it and shake.Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I always wondered if those things worked.  Thanks for the info.

I peel mine right after I take them off the stove.  I run lots of cold water over them while peeling.  The cold makes them contract and the shells come right off.  

Respected Contributor

What a neat little gadget!  I purchased a Krups egg cooker a few years ago - I hated boiling eggs   could never figure out the best way. It also cooks them perfectly and one of my most used kitchen appliances.

The Krups doesn't help with the peeling. 

Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

I don't know about this gadget, but I do know that those little electric steamers, insant pots, and simply steaming not boiling eggs in a pot make the shells slip off easily every time.

I hope you love your new egg thing!  

Respected Contributor

I use a MCM egg cooker and that works well. For peeling, I put boiled eggs in a small pan and bang the eggs around in there to crack shells then run cold water on them. Works for me.

Honored Contributor

I steam mine in my vegetable steamer and never looked further.  Works great.