Esteemed Contributor

Re: ENGLISH PRONUNCIATION

[ Edited ]

How about a certain host stops using the word "juicy" as an adjective to describe everything. As in "this throw is a juicy length. "

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

In the great scheme of things, does it really matter?  We all know what the speaker is describing.  There are millions of regional pronunciations yet we manage to understand each other.

It matters to me.

Honored Contributor

Good grief how trivial!  We as American's get picked on and condemned enough, and frankly Im sick of it.

America is made up of people from all over the world and therefore we have  a multitude of regional dialects.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Re: ENGLISH PRONUNCIATION

[ Edited ]

@Judaline wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

In the great scheme of things, does it really matter?  We all know what the speaker is describing.  There are millions of regional pronunciations yet we manage to understand each other.

It matters to me.

You can't control this so why let it get to you?  Worry about what you can control.  The older I get, the less I care about such trivial things.  

If it matters to you that much, be sure you never move to another part of the country.  The different accents, pronunciations, etc will drive you crazy.  

Esteemed Contributor
A very large portion of the English language consists of loaned or borrowed words. There is absolutely no requirement that the word continue on with the originating language's pronunciation.
Trusted Contributor

On the importance scale, this gets about a -10, from me! 

We all have things that irritate us, but, I agree with other posters.  Sometimes, for your own sake, you just need to let it go.