Esteemed Contributor

Lots of product information online.... color, texture, sizing, etc etc.  BUT NO COUNTRY ORIGIN.  I really would like to know where the item was produced. I guess this request is wishful thinking.  

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Lots of product information online.... color, texture, sizing, etc etc.  BUT NO COUNTRY ORIGIN.  I really would like to know where the item was produced. I guess this request is wishful thinking.  

I feel the same way, but it'll never happen. They are hiding the 'made in China' thing. Till you get it home. Then you see it. Right now it goes under the guise of

"imported". We know what you're doing, Q. And it's not fair. Inquiring minds want to know!.

Esteemed Contributor

Looked in my closet.  Clothes everywhere and I am decluttering. Used to be a teacher and needed a large supply.  I am 5 feet tall and needed to be different looking from my students or else walking down the hall I might get pushed around a bit as they treated each other.  LOL

In any case most everything is CHINA.  I AM NOT GOING TO RANT AGAINST CHINA just those sellers who  do not acknowledge it.  

Trusted Contributor

I just assume everything is made in China.

We are a global economy and if we want people to buy from us, we darn well better be willing to buy from them.

Esteemed Contributor

It you care that the precise information is not made available by a site, the simple answer is to boycott that entire site.  Right?

Frequent Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I'd even go so far as to have the persons name that made it...

Honored Contributor

Being made in China is not a good selling point so by design they won't tell you, so that's pretty much everything here unless they specify otherwise. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Country of Origin?????

[ Edited ]

They really can't list the country of origin with accuracy.  In the case of a garment, the fabric may have been made in China but the garment cut and sewn in Vietnam.  People have pitched fits and said they won't buy a computer, cell phone, tablet, etc. because they're made in China but they don't consider that these devices contain processors and components made by Intel and ADM right here in the USA.  Intel employs 4,000 people just in my community, and they have numerous plants in the US and other non-Asian countries.  We are truly an international community.

In excerizing your prejudices, you may be affecting American jobs.

@bonnielu   @GenXmuse   @jcash   @Still Raining   @Miss Pepsi   @judaline

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Even some clothes that state Made in America are but the fabric comes from China. If you buy fabric check to see where it comes from.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They really can't list the country of origin with accuracy.  In the case of a garment, the fabric may have been made in China but the garment cut and sewn in Vietnam.  People have pitched fits and said they won't buy a computer, cell phone, tablet, etc. because they're made in China but they don't consider that these devices contain processors and components made by Intel and ADM right here in the USA.  Intel employs 4,000 people just in my community, and they have numerous plants in the US and other non-Asian countries.  We are truly an international community.

In excerizing your prejudices, you may be affecting American jobs.

@bonnielu   @GenXmuse   @jcash   @Still Raining   @Miss Pepsi   @judaline

Tl;dr