Occasional Contributor

Dont send tracking number unless the package can actually be tracked!!

Im so tired of getting a tracking number that wont track past "its sittiing in our warehouse waiting for UPS to pick it up"  why not send a ship notice that says "Were getting your order ready to ship"  but then send an actual tracking number when I CAN ACTUALLY TRACK IT?  I think it causes a LOT of frustration to go a week with no updated tracking. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Dont send tracking number unless the package can actually be tracked!!

Sometimes you get no notification until it's delivered.  I have not found this to be true of QVC but it is that way for other online places I've ordered from.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

I'm a long-time shopper here, but I've had a recent experience that has really confounded me as to tracking.  The item was allegedly shipped, but the message stayed at "unfortunately, there is no tracking.....".  So I let a couple of days go by and called C/S to see if they had any further info.  They did not.  And the C/S rep told me since there was no tracking info, she would replace the item at no charge.  When I checked my order history for the replacement order, it showed the same tracking number as the original order!!!!!  I finally received the original order yesterday. Now I wonder what will happen with the replacement order, since it is, of course, showing the "unfortunately, there is no tracking.....", since it carries the same tracking number as the original!  How did they do that???!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I'm a long-time shopper here, but I've had a recent experience that has really confounded me as to tracking.  The item was allegedly shipped, but the message stayed at "unfortunately, there is no tracking.....".  So I let a couple of days go by and called C/S to see if they had any further info.  They did not.  And the C/S rep told me since there was no tracking info, she would replace the item at no charge.  When I checked my order history for the replacement order, it showed the same tracking number as the original order!!!!!  I finally received the original order yesterday. Now I wonder what will happen with the replacement order, since it is, of course, showing the "unfortunately, there is no tracking.....", since it carries the same tracking number as the original!  How did they do that???!!!!!

Uh oh, this just happened to me too.  The "Unfortunately..." Tracking thing.  I also called customer service and was told I had to wait another week to see if UPS would deliver my order.  (I was supposed to receive it this past week.) If it hadn't come by then, they would send a replacement order.  

Given the number of orders I've placed and received with no problems over the years I've dealt with QVC, I can't really be too upset about it.  Provided it gets adequately straightened out soon, though.

Honored Contributor

I'm super glad they started putting the tracking number in those emails.

I put them in my 'Temp Save' folder until I receive the order, at which time I delete it.  But, in the meanwhile, I can keep track of its progress.

It's pretty much a given that when they say the order has shipped, it hasn't actually shipped yet (except for perishable food) so I wouldn't even bother trying to track it right then.  It could be 3-5 days before UPS even has it.

Trusted Contributor

The tracking numbers are generated when UPS labels are created/  This happens with all UPS shippers.

Currently, the entire process is automated.  Asking for an additional step would likely require additional manpower resulting in additional costs.

Since you know that the packages do not ship immediately after the tracking number is generated, maybe you should wait a day or two to begin tracking.  Perhaps that would limit your frustration.  Beter yet, just wait until the package arrives.  No one is ordering heart medication from QVC, so there is really no reason to have to know the location of one's package every minute of the day.