Contributor

Personally, I wish QVC had two separae TV stations.  One for clothing, accessories, jewelry, etc. and a completely separate one for household items, decorations, etc.  I do not buy clothing, shoes and those types of things from QVC and it seems that more and more time is being dedicated to these items.  I am never able to watch QVC on Mondays or Thursdays because that is all the have on all day long.  It's just my opinion.  If they had a separate station I think they would increase their sales because people looking for purchase specific things would have 7 days a week to shop.

Honored Contributor

Re: Two Separate TV Stations

[ Edited ]

@jenjen1127 wrote:

Personally, I wish QVC had two separae TV stations.  One for clothing, accessories, jewelry, etc. and a completely separate one for household items, decorations, etc.  I do not buy clothing, shoes and those types of things from QVC and it seems that more and more time is being dedicated to these items.  I am never able to watch QVC on Mondays or Thursdays because that is all the have on all day long.  It's just my opinion.  If they had a separate station I think they would increase their sales because people looking for purchase specific things would have 7 days a week to shop.

Not a bad idea, but for me the opposite reason.  I don't watch unless it's fashion/beauty (with the exception of all the skin care contraptions and the helmet for hair growth). And I never watch Wen.

Don't have the second channel on my Comcast system, but I understand they do have one.  What shows do they have on that channel?

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@jenjen1127 Instead of QVC's sales increasing, I think the absolute reverse would happen.  To be successful as a company and have separate channels for distinct items, enough people would have to make purchases 100% of the time in a planned, scheduled manner. However, impulse buying accounts for huge dollars in sales.  Just like brick & mortar stores that display things at the ends of the aisle, and mall stores that pay more for their lease if they are in certain places --  businesses count on us to happen to see something that all of a sudden makes us buy.  One person makes that impulse buy just one time, and multiply that by the 100 million households that get QVC.  I think that brings in enough added sales to compensate for any loss of sales from people who tune out entirely some nights.  

I definitely don't tune in every day either.  It the TSV is a mattress, laptop or vacuum cleaner, I usually don't watch that entire day.

Honored Contributor

I'd hate to see QVC lose their variety  -- of products or of host styles.  Just as I do in a b&m store, I know how to avoid what I don't want/need --and I don't want to shop 24/7 --for anything.

Trusted Contributor

I do not shop and purchase items everyday so when I had cable and watched regularly the channel was on if they were showcasing items that would interest me. I can't buy 24 hours a day 7 days a week and probably most people can't either. I can not imagine the cost involved to run two separate channels....expensive and that cost would be absorbed on the customer.
Trusted Contributor

I imgine this would significantly increase costs at QVC with the additional studios, satellie fees, cable fees, and other costs involved in running an additional television network.  It is highly unlikely that QVC would generate enough sales to compensae for these costs, ultimately resulting in it increased prices for all products.  I can already hear the complains on the board.

Additionally, some may remember Q2 -- QVC's second shopping network which forucsed on more upscale items.  They started it in 2004, and it only lasted a couple of years.  It did not generate the sales needed to pay for its operations.  So, been there, done that.