Valued Contributor

Re: Do We Really Need Two Hosts and a Vendor

NO!!!!!!!!!!

Regular Contributor

what's even worse is having two annoying hosts together at one time.

Trusted Contributor

@giova  Immediate channel changer.

Esteemed Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

Agree, especially with the Gourmet Holiday shows where the hosts compete for air time by screaming at each other from off camera.   

One at a time PLEASE.   Or is this this a desperate competition?

@NYwoman   Oh, I know!  Why can't they let the person show the item without making noises in the background.  They sound like children who have to have the spotlight all the time!  Yes, as you said very well, desperate competition!

Trusted Contributor

I am not sure why they need a vendor rep for almost every single product.  Seriously for most of those products the hosts should know all that stuff, particularly items that have been around awhile.

Sometimes I don't mind 2 hosts but it depends on the hosts.

Until David comes back to Friday nights, and he will this Fall he said, I just don't watch on Friday nights. 

I think Shawn is fine by herself, I think Courtney is fine by herself.  But not when they are competing for air time.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have you seen Vanessa's role on Fri night with SK ? I watched a few minutes on a replay and Vanessa is relegated to the role of  operating  the computer for chat and smiling like she's a beauty Queen on a parade float . SK must have alot of clout .

Esteemed Contributor

@Eagle-girl wrote:

Only need one host and one vendor. I never understood why they use 2 hosts!?...omg.

------------

I have also wondered why two hosts presenting?  And I definitely hate the whole social sec role for some hosts.  I have never understood that either.  No need for any social blah-blah-blah while presenting!  If  viewers really care what anyone is posting, they can go on line and read. 

If any Q host cannot handle a two hour show by his/her self with vendor, they shouldn't be hosting!!

Respected Contributor

If I want this much over talking and screeching, I'll drop by my local daycare for a visit.

Respected Contributor

I can't see this being cost effective? Not that long ago they were downsizing. Why pay two hosts to be on the schedule?  I agree, not watching Q like I used to as not enjoyable.

Frequent Contributor

So totally agree! Maybe in their contract they are promised so many hours a week. Too much banter back and forth and some of the hosts don’t seem to go together very well. Bring the designer back into the studio and have one host. Talk about the product without all the chatter.