Respected Contributor

We all have something that bothers us. We need to find a way to live in a world of differences and people not understating what bothers us. No company can please everyone that is why there are choices. I choose to not be offended by everything that people don't understand.
I walk my dogs in a stroller and I get stupid looks from people. Do any of these people have a clue that if I walked my frenchies in this heat and humidity they would have a heat stroke. No. I have type 1 diabetes. Do I got offended everytime I hear the ignorant joke if you eat that you'll get diabetes or go into a diabetic coma. Or when I see a show that portrays someone having a low blood sugar and someone giving them insulin for it. Insulin is given for high blood sugar not low. That ignorance could kill people yet I see it all the time. Nope I get frustrated but I expect it. And try to educate though it never seems to sink in. 

Honored Contributor

I worked for a huge international Fortune 500 company.  One of its initiatives in the early 90s was diversity training.  I was afraid and nervous when speaking in public but did it on occasion. Who knows why but I volunteered to become a diversity trainer.  

Everyone in the company had to complete the program.  It was my luck that the CEO was in the first group I taught.  ugh, talk about nervous!

Anyway, I went through extensive training before I even got near leading a class.  Eye-opening doesn't begin to describe what I learned about diversity and about myself. Leading these classes was the best thing I've done. I learned so much from others and shared what I knew and had learned. It was a wonderful life-changing experience.