Honored Contributor

I've been thinking this for a long time..........

I believe I recently saw quite a few shades of cocoa, coffee, etc., etc. on HSN.  Bras and panties.

Even though I have fair-ish skin, more or less, I've always loved the various shades of coffee, etc. in lingerie. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Occasional Contributor

You missed the point and my observations are valid, you obviously do not have this proble

Occasional Contributor

I am not offended just want them to stop using the term nude as nude is not the same for everybody

Occasional Contributor

I do

Respected Contributor

@Melly52 wrote:

I have shopped with both QVC and HSN also Zulily. It is increasingly concerning to me at a time when diversity and inclusion is forefront , that the QVC group continues to use the description of nude/natural and skin tone in descriptions of clothing etc. NOT EVERYONE IS BEIGE. i am a woman of colour as many of you customers are and I am fed up of being lumped in as nude skin shade,. If you truly want to be inclusive change your dialogue and offer a range of "skin Tones'

Although I understand your point, if this is so irritating for you, I hope you've brought it up long before now. If not, it just looks like you're just jumping on the 'take offense bandwagon' that's been going on lately. 

Respected Contributor

I think it's a valid comment, since we all have made various comments and complaints about many, many things.

I take it as an observation, not that the poster is highly offended or that it's a deal breaker for QVC.  

I've made negative comments in some posts, and it's just my opinion, as we all have different observations and opinions on lots of different topics. 

Even crayola crayons came out of a "colors of the world" set of crayons to help kids have their own skin color when coloring.

93c945ee-c093-4759-9cf0-c2b6a781b88d-COTW_hands.jpg

......You look like I need a drink.....
Valued Contributor

I am just running low on compassion or patience ...  with everything going on in our world right now I come here to relax a bit but obviously I can't even SHOP without some never ending objection to now what constitutes "nude" ...  just pick a color !!  

Honored Contributor

@Pantsonfire2 wrote:

I am just running low on compassion or patience ...  with everything going on in our world right now I come here to relax a bit but obviously I can't even SHOP without some never ending objection to now what constitutes "nude" ...  just pick a color !!  

I'd like to suggest you find a way to recharge.  Compassion, tolerance, and patience are desperately needed now.

Super Contributor

The words diversity and inclusion need to thrown away.  It just sounds bad, and a companies attempt to indoctrinate people.  

Esteemed Contributor

LOL, I can figuratively hear the Internet crashing if manufacturers suddenly decided that "nude" is now shades of brown and black.

Bet the name of a color would then take on added importance to many that think @Melly52 is making an unreasonable point or that it isn't important or is "reaching to be offended".

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.