Denim & co, Kim Gravel TALLS PLEASE!

QVC caters to petites but ignores the tall women. Petites can hem, talls have to do without.
Respected Contributor

Re: Denim & co, Kim Gravel TALLS PLEASE!

Agree!  I filter for "talls" and can't even consider regular length.  30 inches does not work for many of us.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

Talls really are left out. Even the very few times they do offer a tall it is a 32" inseam and that is not a tall. Women with long legs need inseams from 34" up to 38" a lot of times because with any kind of shoe on with a heel they have to have longer lengths if they really are long legged. Also height does not necessarily mean someone has long legs. They point out that a model is such and such a height but they don't give their inseam. Long legs also don't mean you are a larger size either. I personally have a 36" inseam and I am 5' 71/2" tall. I have a very short torso and am all legs. It is a shame because designers are really missing out on a lot of sales because they don't consider long legged women at all when it comes to pants.

Honored Contributor

Nah, QVC does not cater to petites at all.  They mostly make items shorter and call them petites.

Petites do not need shorter.  We need the garments sized to fit our frame.  You just can't cut off a length and make it fit.

I would imagine that being taller, you might need a longer rise in addition to a longer length with pants. Petites need a shorter rise, not just a shorter length.

It probably is not cost effective to make petite or tall sizes, so QVC caters to the average size customer.

We have to shop somewhere else.  I feel your pain.

Respected Contributor

another vote for talls with at least a 34" inseam.  sorry  anything shorter is not a tall.  in addition, ankle length pants for talls should be 31".  do not try to insult us by saying a 29" will work for all.  it won't.

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Occasional Visitor

Being tall doesn't just mean long legs, we also need longer sleeve lengths.  I hate that I   have to roll everthing up or buy shirts with elastic.  

Honored Contributor

I NEVER buy my pants online! I'm 5'9" and always get my jeans/pants only when I can try them on first before purchasing. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I am of average height, so I don't need a "tall" inseam.  But I agree with the OP.  Tall women are left out.  Personally, I think they should offer Tall in EVERY style of pant they sell.  But instead, they will put the tall models in high heel pumps and claim that the pant is long enough.  When in fact, if you put the same model in a flat shoe (which she may want to wear), the pant would look way too short.

QVC must have a reason for not offering more talls.  Whatever it is, I figure they are watching their own bottom line over serving their tall ladies.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Occasional Visitor

Couldn't agree more....talls please  even 33/34 inch inseam would be great help