Honored Contributor
  •  

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:
?

@mom2four0418    Repeating herself, I assume she means old womanish. 

Matriarch:  an older woman who is powerful within a family or organization

A matriarch is not necessarily an older woman, which is why I asked her the question.

@mom2four0418    The dictionary says it's an older woman or perhaps it could be the eldest woman in a family. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Being about five inches taller than the average American woman elbow sleeves are regular short sleeves for me.  I hope they are always an option.  

Honored Contributor

We all have different tastes.  What the OP doesn't like, others may love.

Why should QVC stop just because you don't like them?

QVC will sell what sells! 

Respected Contributor

from Merriam-Webster:

noun

1. a woman who is the head of a family or tribe.
    "in some cultures the mother proceeds to the status of a matriarch"
    • an older woman who is powerful within a family or organization.
      "a domineering matriarch"
“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

Excuse me. Ageism, anyone? I am certainly not young, but I resent being put in a classification! Let's not be insulting and judgmental towards others.

Trusted Contributor

@Suzyq1 wrote:

I have been watching QVC for at least 25+ years.  I've seen hosts come and go (some still should go) and I've seen new and consistent designers.  My complaint is, it seems like what one designer does, they all do....can anyone be original?  Elbow sleeves look like they are for old people and are not flattering on anyone.  STOP with the PAISLEY please....and the bell sleeves, cold shoulder and what you call "bell crop pants" that we called high waters back in my day.  These patterns and styles are for old people.  I may be older, but I don't want to dress like my mom did in the 60's an 70's.  I.M., S.G., even Gary have started doing all the same designs that are matriarch looking!  More smaller prints, solids are always good or a couple colors in a simple pattern.

I am not sure what you are talking about. I am not seeing any of what you are describing.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

What do you call old? What does a matriarch look like? How old are you?  As an old person, I do not fit your stereotype. Getting old isn't for sissies.

Honored Contributor

Elbow sleeves are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

@Suzyq1 wrote:

I have been watching QVC for at least 25+ years.  I've seen hosts come and go (some still should go) and I've seen new and consistent designers.  My complaint is, it seems like what one designer does, they all do....can anyone be original?  Elbow sleeves look like they are for old people and are not flattering on anyone.  STOP with the PAISLEY please....and the bell sleeves, cold shoulder and what you call "bell crop pants" that we called high waters back in my day.  These patterns and styles are for old people.  I may be older, but I don't want to dress like my mom did in the 60's an 70's.  I.M., S.G., even Gary have started doing all the same designs that are matriarch looking!  More smaller prints, solids are always good or a couple colors in a simple pattern.

LOL, my giggle for the day.😂😂😁😁

Thankfully, my definition of "old" isn't yours. Mine has more to to do with antiquated definitions based on ignorance of how our older population thrive. 

Valued Contributor

It wasn't my mom who wore these clothes on 60's & 70's it is me !!!  I never even like bell bottoms then, bell sleeves either.  I found clothes that were defferent.  Many tops made in India.  Yes I was a hippie...I dressed for my body type...small....I don't need legs and arms flapping all around me.  I lives In New England.  How do I stuff a bell sleeve into a winter coat anyway !!!