Contributor

I have been watching QVC for at least 25+ years.  I've seen hosts come and go (some still should go) and I've seen new and consistent designers.  My complaint is, it seems like what one designer does, they all do....can anyone be original?  Elbow sleeves look like they are for old people and are not flattering on anyone.  STOP with the PAISLEY please....and the bell sleeves, cold shoulder and what you call "bell crop pants" that we called high waters back in my day.  These patterns and styles are for old people.  I may be older, but I don't want to dress like my mom did in the 60's an 70's.  I.M., S.G., even Gary have started doing all the same designs that are matriarch looking!  More smaller prints, solids are always good or a couple colors in a simple pattern.

Respected Contributor

@Suzyq1 wrote:

I have been watching QVC for at least 25+ years.  I've seen hosts come and go (some still should go) and I've seen new and consistent designers.  My complaint is, it seems like what one designer does, they all do....can anyone be original?  Elbow sleeves look like they are for old people and are not flattering on anyone.  STOP with the PAISLEY please....and the bell sleeves, cold shoulder and what you call "bell crop pants" that we called high waters back in my day.  These patterns and styles are for old people.  I may be older, but I don't want to dress like my mom did in the 60's an 70's.  I.M., S.G., even Gary have started doing all the same designs that are matriarch looking!  More smaller prints, solids are always good or a couple colors in a simple pattern.

What exactly is a "matriarch looking" design?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I personally like some of the design details mentioned, e.g., elbow length sleeves.  However, I do agree with what one "designer" does they all seem to do.   Just the price seems to change somewhat and IMO they are all overpriced.

Frequent Contributor

I love elbow sleeves; don't like showing my upper arms but live in TX where I need something cooler than long or 3/4 sleeves for our hot summers; elbow sleeves are perfect for me. I hate asymmetrical/hi-lo/shark bite tops and high-water wide leg pants. But to each their own.

Esteemed Contributor

Personally, I like elbow sleeves and the paisley pattern.  If you don't like what QVC is offering, you need to look elsewhere.  I do agree that the desginers that have been on a long time tend to do the same things they have always done, over and over, and "new" things that are just like everyone else's "new" designs.  There is a whole world of online shopping to explore.  You have have to move out of your comfort zone and try someplace new to order from.  I just started buying from ShopLC.  They don't sell much in the way of clothes.  But they sell a LOT of jewelry at really great prices.  Doubt I will ever buy jewelry from QVC again.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Suzyq1 wrote:

@mom2four0418    Repeating herself, I assume she means old womanish. 

Matriarch:  an older woman who is powerful within a family or organization

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Suzyq1 wrote:

@mom2four0418    Repeating herself, I assume she means old womanish. 

Matriarch:  an older woman who is powerful within a family or organization

A matriarch is not necessarily an older woman, which is why I asked her the question.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I think the OP may have meant matronly, which is commonly used in describing appearance and dress of some mature ladies.

Honored Contributor

@Suzyq1 wrote:

@Suzyq1 

If you think elbow sleeves are for "old people", don't buy them.  Personally, I think a tee shirt with elbow sleeves looks better and dressier than the usual short or cap sleeves that couldn't be any more unflattering if they tried.  

I think you're forgetting that most styles are cyclical, and come back and/or are updated by just about everyone in the fashion industry.  It happens everywhere, not just on QVC.  

I think you also don't realize that QVC's target market is NOT 25 year olds, or those looking for fads, not trends.   I'm just speculating here, but my guess most casual clothing buyers here are between 40 and 65 years old.   At that point, when one wants some good basics, QVC can be a good place to check on what's being offered.

From a retailer's standpoint, I'm also guessing that more "adventurous" styles translate to more frequent returns.  So more classic and basic styles reduce the return rate.

Lastly, what the heck does "matriarch looking" mean?   Never heard that one before.   

Perhaps you are shopping in the wrong place?  QVC can't possibly be everything to everyone.  Of course, JMO.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I blame the look alike fashions on the buyers.  Clearly QVC needs to hire some new buyers.