Trusted Contributor

Re: Christmas programming…disgusted

For those that want the "cooking/baking with hosts" segments, QVC still has those types of videos.  They are streaming on QVC Plus now.

There's a lot of hosts with videos on there.  Kim Gravel's podcast is available.  They even have a bunch of videos with Santa Claus. (For real)

Kathy Levine has a video reading "A Cup Of Christmas Tea".

The old "Basics with Blue Jean Chef" videos they used to play over and over on Christmas can be found on her website and QVC's YouTube channel.

QVC no longer sponsors the West Chester Christmas Parade so, unfortunately, that ship has sailed.

Screenshot_20221225-223448.png

Screenshot_20221225-223800.png

Screenshot_20221225-223822.png

Screenshot_20221225-225758_kindlephoto-8881333.png

Screenshot_20221225-224823_kindlephoto-8309854.png

Respected Contributor

Can't imagine how apoplectic the OP would be if watching the live programming on JTV.

It's a shopping channel. I don't find QVC broadcasting repeat shows any different than going to any other retailer's website now and placing an order. 

Honored Contributor

@Tori3569 wrote:

Sorry it makes you " disgusted", but QVC is a retail business, not an entertainment channel.  With all the talk about they are doing financially right now, they are doing the right thing by driving sales.   There are plenty of other channels showing holiday programs.  

I'm in agreement with this. QVC has made many changes.  I am sure they had their reasons for the change in programming during the holiday times.  Like shopping channels are only airing encore programs.  If one is looking to be entertained, there are many options.

Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Tori3569 wrote:

Sorry it makes you " disgusted", but QVC is a retail business, not an entertainment channel.  With all the talk about they are doing financially right now, they are doing the right thing by driving sales.   There are plenty of other channels showing holiday programs.  

Many of us had a holiday tradition of watching the WestChester parade, and seeing footage of hosts with their guard down ( baking holiday treats, singing carols etc).  We enjoyed seeing their families and husbands on air. I would have the programming on as family gathered for Christmas in my home. Old timers remember Steve Bryant reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas" on air accompanied by his dog Mandy. That would end the traditional programming for the day and then QVC would air quaint family friendly holiday programming - no sales.  QVC is admirable for giving employees off for the holiday but we clamor for the traditional way things were done starting in the 1990s. I have sent a letter to QVC regarding this matter. Lets hope they reconsider next year.

Except those were the days when QVC had very little competition and there was no online shopping. They need to compete to survive now, so I doubt they could or would reconsider, nor should they.
Respected Contributor

Football 🏈 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonie I'm just wondering if you shop on QVC on Yom Kippur? Or do you refrain from watching/buying out of respect.... After all it's a very high holy holiday for the Jewish people. 

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Moonie 

Shopping channels want to "make a buck" as you say regardless of the time frame.

all business are in existence to make money,  

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Tori3569 wrote:

Many of us had a holiday tradition of watching the WestChester parade, and seeing footage of hosts with their guard down ( baking holiday treats, singing carols etc).  We enjoyed seeing their families and husbands on air. I would have the programming on as family gathered for Christmas in my home. Old timers remember Steve Bryant reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas" on air accompanied by his dog Mandy. That would end the traditional programming for the day and then QVC would air quaint family friendly holiday programming - no sales.  QVC is admirable for giving employees off for the holiday but we clamor for the traditional way things were done starting in the 1990s. I have sent a letter to QVC regarding this matter. Lets hope they reconsider next year.

however, it is not the 1990s we are 30 years from that

Honored Contributor

@Moonie wrote:
It seems, despite the opinion of so many for many years now, that Christmas is all about the gifts, and the true meaning has been dispensed with. How very woke of you! I am fully understanding of the fact that not everyone celebrates Christmas, but at the very least, there was respect in this regard. Your airing of repeat shows to make a buck has me turning my back on you as a shipping option. Shame on you!

What else would you expect from a company that sells stuff with a goal of making a profit?  

Woke?  No. It's a retailer. They sell stuff. They aren't a church or religion.  

If you want religion or the sacredness of the holiday, go to church and turn off shopping tv.

BTW, woke means caring about others instead of just oneself.

Honored Contributor

@eyeron wrote:

@Moonie I'm just wondering if you shop on QVC on Yom Kippur? Or do you refrain from watching/buying out of respect.... After all it's a very high holy holiday for the Jewish people. 

Doubtful. People like that don't think about any of the other 14 religious holidays.