New Contributor

Change of policy on return items

Tonight I received an item I did not order.  When I called customer service, I learned that QVC will now not send out a replacement item until they receive the incorrect item back because of an inventory issue.  I have a problem with this on several levels but, basically, I think this is a poor customer service move.  Now, not only do customers have to go through the inconvenience of packing the wrong item up and sending it back, we have to WAIT an extra amount of time to get the correct item when this was clearly an error on QVC's part?  QVC was not even willing to send out the correct item express shipping once they got the wrong item returned either!  

I have shopped with QVC for many years and have ALWAYS returned items for exchange and/or refund in a timely manner.  QVC about making money, not keeping it's customers happy.  Too bad QVC....tonight you lost a valued customer.

Honored Contributor

Re: Change of policy on return items

Twice I've received the incorrect item from Zulily and they told me to keep it and credited my account the purchase amount + $10.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@pattyjack wrote:

Tonight I received an item I did not order.  When I called customer service, I learned that QVC will now not send out a replacement item until they receive the incorrect item back because of an inventory issue.  I have a problem with this on several levels but, basically, I think this is a poor customer service move.  Now, not only do customers have to go through the inconvenience of packing the wrong item up and sending it back, we have to WAIT an extra amount of time to get the correct item when this was clearly an error on QVC's part?  QVC was not even willing to send out the correct item express shipping once they got the wrong item returned either!  

I have shopped with QVC for many years and have ALWAYS returned items for exchange and/or refund in a timely manner.  QVC about making money, not keeping it's customers happy.  Too bad QVC....tonight you lost a valued customer.

that's is bad CS,  I would tell them to cancel my original order and credit me PDQ for the return shipping.

costs so little for some good will doesn't ?

New Contributor

Yes I did cancel the order and requested a refund which I will also have to WAIT for.  I guess QVC is all about the money!  Thanks for your input!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Twice I've received the incorrect item from Zulily and they told me to keep it and credited my account the purchase amount + $10.

One time I received a QF holiday shirt just out of the blue. No idea how it got to me but no packing slip enclosed. I called CS and told them about the error and asked if they would donate the shirt to a Special Olympics Auction. Answer NO.

Honored Contributor

The policy has always been to send the return back, then they'll send out the replacement.  I've never had it done a different way.

New Contributor

Really?  My experience, more than once in the past, has been when QVC made a mistake and shipped an incorrect item, including wrong color or size, they have immediately sent the correct item out and I was charged for the item but not again for shipping.  They then issued a refund for the incorrect item plus shipping when I sent it back.  I have been with QVC since 1995 and have just run into this tonight.  The customer service representative I spoke with said it was a recent policy change.

Contributor

In my experience, that's always been Q's policy. I received the wrong ring once, and they required that I ship it back before they sent out the correct item. It's an entirely reasonable policy, as they're not going to charge you to send back the wrong item or recharge you to send the correct item. I lost nothing but a few days of time with the ring I had ordered. 

Esteemed Contributor

The problem I see with that policy of sending the wrong item back before you get the right item....the one you want could sell out while waiting for the return to find its way to the Q....

Gosh knows how long returns take with that slow system they now use...

I had a similiar experience....I ordered an Air Purifier..actually two of them...well one didn't work...I called C.S....and I told her that I was sending the one back I would like NOT to be charged for the s&h....and I asked her to send me out a replacement...

She did say mine would have to get there first and i said then send me out one and just make sure that i get the OTO price as I was afraid of it selling out...she did make cost adjustments and sent it...

I checked on the item later in the day and they were all sold out....had i waited till my broken one to get there...i would not have gotten a replacement...

Frequent Contributor

@ jackthebear,

I've never had the q send me out the correct item before I've returned the wrong item, although I've only shopped from the q for about 2 1/2 yrs- 3 years.   When I've received the wrong size, color ( which has been very rare) while speaking to customer service about wrong item I reorder correct item then so item isn't sold out by the time I get replacement. I don't know if you've experienced this more around the holidays but I have heard, maybe read here that during the holidays they hire a lot of temp help....