Frequent Contributor

Bring Back California Innovations Totes

With more and more grocery stores opting out of plastic and paper, I would like to see California Innovations bring back item #5741986401, Set of 5 2-in-1 insulated totes.  Bought these in 2018 and they are great for many things but awesome for groceries especially.  My older sons like them but CI currently does not offer this basic set.  Also colors that a man could carry (black, navy, etc.) comfortably.  Please consider.  Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Bring Back California Innovations Totes

This is another example of QVC buyers missing the bost.  Levels of government all over the country are electing to eliminate plastic bags.  An ordinance just went into effect in the City of Albuquerque; Santa Fe started this a year or so ago.  There are no really nice but sturdy bags available.  I got some on Amazon but doubt they'll last long.  Plain white canvas.

Another opportunity missed.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Yes!  These totes are great.  I purchased 2 sets.  We have been using them ever since, and not a one has any issues.  No broken snaps, insides have no rips or holes, etc.  Cold food stays cold, hot foods stay hot.  Easy to clean out the inside, too.

I'm sorry to hear that the Q no longer sells them.  Quality product.  I don't get it.  Smiley Surprised  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Esteemed Contributor

That set of 5 made perfect add-on Christmas gifts one year. Gave a few out added to  a gift card and a couple to friends with whom I just exchange small gifts. But I'm still using the set of Sachi bags the Q sold many years ago. A wee bit smaller in size than the California Innovations but great patterns and beautifully made. I've seen the Sachi somewhere, I think Amazon, but not a set of 5 of the same size like the Q sold.

Respected Contributor

They are nice and the ones I bought had the gift box. I think they were a TSV twice and now gone. I gave one to my female mail carrier in the summer as a surprise as she is so good compared to the ditzy  one she replaced. She gave me a Thank you sticky note. I gave a navy one to a man who works out of his truck as more suited to a guy. Great gifts.

I see more and more people bringing their own bags to stores. Wal-Mart ones are so thin they tear. One local market gives you a nickel credit for bringing in your own bags.

Mine have held up well also.

Esteemed Contributor

I see Mary ? Louise on constantly with Calif Innov - especially with David's shows.  Several pieces in each set.

I bought one set last year for a trip and they held up perfectly.  Check QVC's inventory.

Regular Contributor

They had on a set of 5 (various sizes) right before Christmas which I ordered.  I promptly returned it though as I didn't particularly care for the way it looked in person.

Esteemed Contributor

@DottieD - I also ordered that recent TSV batch and was completely disappointed; the material and construction of those tote bags were terrible, and I too returned mine and had to come up with a new idea for one of my holiday gift exchanges. I have many CI bags and carriers and use them often—hopefully if the totes return in the future, the quality will as well.

Regular Contributor

@loriqvc I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I ordered the grey heather and thought the material would be canvas-like, but was extremely disappointed at how flimsy it was.  I think that's the first time I have sent something back the day I received it.

Super Contributor

In my state, we have had to supply our own bags for several years.  I purchased CA Innovation totes and before that Rachel Ray market totes.  I always get compliments on these bags from the cashiers.  They have worn well and I love the insulation on the inside.