Regular Contributor
I've read 3 reviews now, all by the same person. She didn't purchase any of the items but feels she can give it one star because it's either "unhealthy" or "too expensive" in her eyes. Why do these reviews get posted? If someone doesn't read it but it affects the overall rating of an item it's not really valid.
Honored Contributor

QVC's review system is badly flawed.  Unfortunately nobody but us customers seems to care. The best thing potential buyers can do is read the reviews and ignore inappropriate comments.  There are many that are helpful.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I agree and have reported several of them for just those reasons. They either haven't purchased/used the product but they don't like the sizes offered, or wanted a different color, so they trash the product.

Or, on the other hand, for instance David's cookbooks, are given nothing but 5 stars before the book has even been printed and they let those stay, too.

I usually sort by low ratings, see if there is a trend in the product, or with stupid reviewers, and make my decision.

Respected Contributor

@Bjobrit I totally agree. I write honest reviews after purchase and they don’t get posted. Strange system.

Honored Contributor

@Bjobrit  I 100% agree with you.  Unfortunately, this issue is ages old, and QVC is, at the very least, unwilling to invest in a more accurate Review system.

However, I feel it’s much more than that.  

QVC benefits greatly from that sales pitch, “Customer Top Rated.”  So for every low rating from people who have never purchased the product, they probably have just as many or more 5-star ratings from people who have never purchased the product! But QVC will use all the 5-star ratings to sell, sell, sell.  I bet if we could see the metrics, sales from stating Customer Top Rated greatly outweigh any adverse impact of 1-star bogus reviews. 

I truly believe QVC uses the Reviews for their own benefit only, not for customers.  It’s a shame.

Valued Contributor

People giving a product 1 star because the shipment arrived damaged is a common problem. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Bogus reviews

[ Edited ]

I wrote a review on my mobile device and wasn't given the option to indicate that I had actually purchased the item.  When the review finally did show up, it was marked as "no" I did not purchase.  The review system is flawed.  I have also made a mistake on my lap top and clicked no instead of yes.  It happens but I never review an item I haven't purchased.  Why bother?

Honored Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I wrote a review on my mobile device and wasn't given the option to indicate that I had actually purchased the item.  When the review finally did show up, it was marked as "no" I did not purchase.  The review system is flawed.  I have also made a mistake on my lap top and clicked no instead of yes.  It happens but I never review an item I haven't purchased.  Why bother?

@KentuckyWoman  I have done that also, clicked No, when I should have clicked, Yes.  The screen jumps so much that it's bound to happen sometimes. But I'm sure your review, like mine, clearly stated an actual review of having purchased and used the item.  Mine talked about what I keep in the specific pockets, the ease of the zipper pulls, cleanly wiping out a spill inside -- clearly a review based on me actually having the item.  Noting like the ones that say, "why doesn't it come in narrow?!" = 1-star review.  Or, "this brand is back?? Yay!" = 5-star review.

Trusted Contributor

@staciesmom wrote:

People giving a product 1 star because the shipment arrived damaged is a common problem. 

Yes it or or they didn't like the color choices offered.  

Respected Contributor

@mimomof4  or how about I never received the item I ordered  I have tried to review on HSN but if the item is the same but under  a different configuration it is not even allowed or if I bought that item on Q not allowed. They do a better job in that respect.