Highlighted
Regular Contributor

QVC has so many brands it's hard to weed through them all, So I'm asking or suggesting that you improve your search engine, for example, I just typed in Pink T-shirts for women, and a got ONE coral colored panther print T-shirt from GILI, I hope you will talk to your tech team. 

Frequent Contributor

I too have found their search engine seriously lacking.  It’s very difficult, sometimes impossible, to search In a specific category.  Sometimes items come up that have absolutely nothing to do with what I entered.  Very frustrating.  The website in general is primitive at best.

Honored Contributor

@Iris in bloom wrote:

QVC has so many brands it's hard to weed through them all, So I'm asking or suggesting that you improve your search engine, for example, I just typed in Pink T-shirts for women, and a got ONE coral colored panther print T-shirt from GILI, I hope you will talk to your tech team. 

1.  I’ve asked for the ability to search for Denim &Co items by exact color name. I’ve made about four suggestions. Since their color names are consistent this makes sense. I can’t stand how much time I waste looking for items that match in this line. This search feature wouldn’t work for other vendors though. 

2.  Toys and holiday need their own search categories.

3.  More color choices need to be added to the drop down menu for items when searching for colors. Beiges, ecru, and khakis need their own listing. Cream needs it’s own listing. Aqua, teal and turquoise needs their own listing. 4. Navy, dark blue, cobalt needs it’s own listing. Searching through all the blues takes hours.

4. Search for tops by neckline in the drop down menu. 

Respected Contributor

Worst search engine I have come across on a shopping site, especially for a company this large. Searching for anything is maddening because the search engine does not recognize misspelled words and the phrasing has to be exact. Add to that, the colors are not standard across brands and the crazy color names alone are mystifying at times, even to the hosts and vendors.

Honored Contributor

Re: Better search engine

[ Edited ]

I agree with each post in this thread.  

Fingers crossed the hoped-for improvement in shipping will inspire improved search capabilities.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@Iris in bloom - I agree that the search engine on this website is very poor. Until it gets fixed (HA!), try to keep things as simple as possible in your initial search and then use the filter tools to narrow the results. For example, if you just type "pink top" (WITHOUT quotation marks), you'll get well over 1,800 results that you can sort to find what you want. You could also use the Shop by Category menu to select Fashion and then Blouses & Tops, and then use the Color filter tool to select only Pinks/Peaches. This latter approach is actually more accurate because it will eliminate things like bras from your search. Good luck!

And here's another search engine trick: If you ever want to find apple or apple-themed items but don't want to be bombarded by Apple-brand electronics listings, type at least part of the desired category name before the word apple (e.g., KITCHEN apple).

Regular Contributor

Re: Better search engine

[ Edited ]

I just did another screen shot of "pink t-shirt women's" this is what came up, this is not to bash QVC just to show them what we get. Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 4.26.40 PM.png 

Valued Contributor

@Carney wrote:

I too have found their search engine seriously lacking.  It’s very difficult, sometimes impossible, to search In a specific category.  Sometimes items come up that have absolutely nothing to do with what I entered.  Very frustrating.  The website in general is primitive at best.

AMEN!!!  The search engine is a disaster, awful.

bamasec

Valued Contributor

When I search for a particular brand all I get are the descriptions. No pictures of the items. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Todays search for a pink T shirt

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 10.58.49 AM.png