New Contributor

Wish Denim & Co. would stock their Essentials basic COTTON tees!   Very few sizes available the last TWO YEARS and very limited color choices as well.   The tees D&Co makes to go under their blouses are NOT the same quality.  They have a different cut and thinner material.   I've had to shop elsewhere for BASIC round scoop neck cotton tees.

Respected Contributor

Re: Basic COTTON Tees Needed!!!

@WestieLover wrote:

Wish Denim & Co. would stock their Essentials basic COTTON tees!   Very few sizes available the last TWO YEARS and very limited color choices as well.   The tees D&Co makes to go under their blouses are NOT the same quality.  They have a different cut and thinner material.   I've had to shop elsewhere for BASIC round scoop neck cotton tees.

I know this may seem like a dumb question, but it's sincere.  I don't understand what is so special about pure cotton.  It tends to shrink when washed, even in cold water. It doesn't hold its' shape well, certainly not as well as cotton/poly.  I don't feel one degree cooler in pure cotton than I do in blends (but I admit I'm not a sun lover). And I don't think it looks as fresh after a few washings as blends. I love having a bit of stretch in my casual clothing, i.e. tees.   I'm sure that some people have sensitive skin that won't do well with blends, but I still don't understand the lure of pure cotton.  

Super Contributor

As a long time QVC shopper/watcher may I  reccomend to you Lands End supima cotton , relax fit tees.  Short sleeve or long sleeve.  these are my favorites.  Long lasting and washes up nicely.  color never fades or get misshapen.  and when you buy 3 , I think,  they are cheaper. I like LE's lighter weight then Q or even IM's 100% cotton tees. Try one and let me(us) know what you think.  

Honored Contributor

@aoldgirl wrote:

As a long time QVC shopper/watcher may I  reccomend to you Lands End supima cotton , relax fit tees.  Short sleeve or long sleeve.  these are my favorites.  Long lasting and washes up nicely.  color never fades or get misshapen.  and when you buy 3 , I think,  they are cheaper. I like LE's lighter weight then Q or even IM's 100% cotton tees. Try one and let me(us) know what you think.  

I second this. Lands' End t-shirts have been my favorites since the 80s.

Valued Contributor

Would live to see more 100% cotton shirts, blouses etc. I have some 95/5 shirts and tops, I really dislike the rubbery feeling of the shirts. When I do buy tee's and such I buy from Isaac, he has a lot more100% cotton. Cotton is so comfortable. 

Respected Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@WestieLover wrote:

I know this may seem like a dumb question, but it's sincere.  I don't understand what is so special about pure cotton.  It tends to shrink when washed, even in cold water. It doesn't hold its' shape well, certainly not as well as cotton/poly.  I don't feel one degree cooler in pure cotton than I do in blends (but I admit I'm not a sun lover). And I don't think it looks as fresh after a few washings as blends. I love having a bit of stretch in my casual clothing, i.e. tees.   I'm sure that some people have sensitive skin that won't do well with blends, but I still don't understand the lure of pure cotton.  

@Perkup I am so with you! I have bought expensive cotton t's only to have them shrink, even when hung to dry. The colors also fade much faster. Also, as the day goes on, they become shorter and wider while I'm wearing them! No matter the brand, they do this. Give me a cotton/poly or cotton/spandex blend anyday...way more comfortable, just as cool to me, and I don't find 5% spandex to be "rubbery" feeling at all.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really don't want to sound like a advitisment for LE, but... short sleeve 100% supima cotton tee for $19.50 compared to IM's 80% pima cotton for $29.50 w/ cap sleeves and "smile hemline".   I just saw on the D&Co show the gingham tee (95/5) for $39.50! Yikes. I have worn these tees for years and wear them to work. wash them wear them , short sleeve in summer and long sleeve in winter.  Never, Never faded, shrunk, stained (beyond spray and wash), or have I ever ironed them.  As I have said before, Try them and post.  

'

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I beg to differ about the durablity of cotton. I own at least a dozen T-shirts (by Gildan) that are 100% cotton. I've been wearing them for about 10 years, and they're still perfect!

Wash in cold water, and put in the dryer (perm. press) about10 minutes. Let air dry. After doing this a few times, you can leave them in the dryer the full amount of time, and they'll stay perfect.

I want to add a comment about Lands' End: I own several of their T-shirts, and they alsol look brand new--again, after 10 years of wear.

Trusted Contributor

LLBEAN. Pima cotton. Choose neck line and sleeve length. Petite, regular, and womans size. FREE shipping every day, all day.

Super Contributor

@aoldgirl And as a regular Lands End shopper, you'll get emails offering 20%, 25%, and 30% off! All the time. I LOVE LANDS END!!! I never pay full price. I never pay for my shipping. Their Customer Service is top notch. Their quality is consistent.

Did I mention that I love Lands End???!!!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren