Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Welcome @Abelsmommy 

QVC doesn't charge until the order ships.  If you see  "pending" on your credit card, that means QVC was checking your bank's approval for the charge.  It is not actually charged at that time.  

Try emailing the Social Team at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com with your order number.  Maybe, someone there can help you.

I actually never saw pending in my Q account but I have seen it in my cc account but that's completely natural.  It goes like this....an order is placed, then the merchant taps on the shoulder, the cc company and says, reserve for me X amount of funds.  The cc company says okay, IF everything is okay, then when it ships, the money is wired.  I really don't think any merchant actually has the funds before it goes out.  Any time I use my card for any reason it sits in pending for about a day then I see it gets posted to the account.  Of course, I was speaking figuratively in the way I think it's done.

Trusted Contributor
I agree. If they can’t seem to be able to ship an item within five days, then we should be able to have the option to cancel it.
Trusted Contributor

I agree with the other posters about being able to cancel if the item remains "In Process" for more than 5 days. That is an unreasonable about of time to ship if the item is in stock. What really ticks me off is when the product page shows that your selection is in stock and the order sits for 3 or 4 days and then goes to "backorder". This has happened to me twice in the past month. The first order was an absolute joke. It switched between "Preparing your order"  and "backorder" SIX TIMES in 10 days. After a phone call to Customer Service and several back-and-forths with the Social Team, I was able to cancel that one. The second order just shipped today; it was placed on 3/6.  I really hope that whoever the next CEO is that they fix these problems. Covid may have exacerbated their shipping times, but these issues have been going on for a long time.

Valued Contributor

One thing I never noticed until the HSN acquisition was ordering an item that was in stock when I placed the order and having it go to an advance order status after the fact.

Do not like not being able to cancel an order that doesn't ship for a week or more and yet is still on sale and showing available for the TSV or clearance price. Makes me think they have a quota for sales before they will ship. 

@Camperlady wrote:
It used to be that you were allowed to cancel an item, within a day or two of making the order. I noticed that it has changed since HSN and QVC merged! Very upset about that.

Occasional Contributor

Nothing should take 5-14 days before shipping; during this time orders are in 'limbo' and can't be canceled ! next wait an additional 10-12 days more during the slow shipping methods. I'm done shopping with QVC unless they improve their service. Also,  it often takes weeks to process a return; meanwhile a second payment has often been processed. This is unacceptable.

Valued Contributor

@Abelsmommy 

I couldn't agree with you more. My husband placed an order on 3/21 and it says "preparing your order".  And QVC won't let him cancel it.

I'm pretty,but I'm not beautiful.
I sin, but I'm not the devil.
I'm good,but I'm not an angel.
Marilyn Monroe
Respected Contributor

One of many reasons I rarely shop Q.  So thankful there's other places to order.

Respected Contributor

@Steffdoggy10 wrote:
I agree. If they can’t seem to be able to ship an item within five days, then we should be able to have the option to cancel it.

Another poster was bemoaning the same issue and received no help.  They just made sport of them. 

There are merchants that allow cancellation as per referenced subject but I guess every merchant does things differently as far as how an order is handled once it goes through.

Super Contributor

just canceled a order that i placed about an hour ago, and just noticed they charged a dollar for canceled item.

Respected Contributor

@princesess wrote:

just canceled a order that i placed about an hour ago, and just noticed they charged a dollar for canceled item.

@princesess , they actually charged a dollar to cancel it?!  That's absurd.