Valued Contributor

Please shorten the presentations

I am still trying to say to you....the presentations are much too long.Please consider putting a shorter time on each item.Somestimes I just change the channel,and frankly do not go back.Its hard for your hosts to talk about a product for so long,without it becoming DULL1 I have made this suggestion for many times,with no change.How about maybe,once a week,have a show,with say 5 minutes for each item...that way the host can talk about the product,give us real information,and not need to talk about what her family did over the weekend.Thanks for listening!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please shorten the presentations

I agree ....way too long.  I am sure a majority of the audience turns the channel also...i do.

Honored Contributor

And yet most hosts still cannot manage to adequately describe the products.

Trusted Contributor

And while we're on the subject of presentations, do we really need to see the TSV 50 times a day? And for a half hour at a time. How much can be said about any item? I just flip to another station. Ok, I'm done *itching. LOL

Honored Contributor

Agree 100%.  No item needs more than 10 minutes except maybe electronics.  Shorter presentations would also avoid the inanities the hosts are forced to resort to.  

IMO, the reason for the lengthy presentations is that an item is required to sell a certain number and until that number is reached they just keep talking.

Respected Contributor

while i agree with what everyone has said, i believe they do this for the person who may have just tuned in, and missed one of the 87 other presentations. 

that said, i stopped  actually watching years ago.  can't handle the repetitiveness. 

Honored Contributor

I just find it amusing that because we ask or suggest, even numerous times, the company should hop to it!

Companies should listen and track feedback, but that doesn't mean they are going to change just cuz I say so!

I happen to like longer presentations if done well, especially on electronics!  I want to know how things work, install, etc.

No, I don't need long winded ideas on different places to wear a pair of pants!  However, some items do deserve full length presentations.

Also, presentation times depend on how many they are trying to push out the door.

I will let the company decide their programming and turn elsewhere when it doesn't fit my liking.

Honored Contributor

Thats one of the reasons I stopped watching live shows, with exceptions. I will watch some Beauty Shows, but even those, they stay too long on one thing and go over cost and savings over and over....

I told my husband who watches a lot of the Invicta watch shows on ShopHQ, I said aren't you ever bored watching these watch shows? They stay on one watch for 10-20 minutes, one time they were debuting a new watch and spent the whole hour on it.......It was downright ridiculous!!

I can't sit and watch that.....QVC is getting really bad as well with the repetitiveness and showing an item for 10-15 minutes-very unnecssary unless it is electronics..... 

Frequent Contributor

@mosky  100% agree. If anyone saw the two Byrdie Beauty shows they did, they were EXCEPTIONAL SHOWS both times. They showed so many products, just kept it to info we needed about each item and moved on. It was SO WELL DONE. No models which was a huge plus. We are grown women and don't need to have someone show us how to put lotion or skincare on etc. I wish QVC would change ALL of their shows to this format-- it was a winner. 

Occasional Contributor

Agreed, some presentations are way to long.