Honored Contributor

I thought the As Is prices were clothing the models wore or items used to demo on air.  I think the returns are just sent out to wait list or new orders.  

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I thought the As Is prices were clothing the models wore or items used to demo on air.  I think the returns are just sent out to wait list or new orders.  

@DiAnne, this is the blurb that QVC has on all the as-is product pages:

This product may be a customer return, vendor sample, discontinued inventory, or on-air display and is not in its originally manufactured condition. It may not be new. In some instances, these items are repackaged by QVC. Accordingly, the manufacturer may not honor any original warranty. However, QVC's standard return policy still applies. A card will be included in your package explaining these points in greater detail.

Trusted Contributor

I buy "as is" and I would say most of the time I received a brand new item - just had a red as is sticker on it. Lately though the as is prices have gone up quite a bit and it's not quite as tempting. But, the good thing is if you do receive something defective in as is, just call CS and they will reimburse the full amount including shipping even though you know in advance that the item may not be perfect. I am not in a financial position to buy multiple items at $50+ per item when I don't think the item is worth that to begin with. I have also bought jewelry which was perfect at more than 50% off and handbags at more than 50% off. I personally love "AS IS".   

Esteemed Contributor

@nycgrl wrote:

I buy "as is" and I would say most of the time I received a brand new item - just had a red as is sticker on it. Lately though the as is prices have gone up quite a bit and it's not quite as tempting. But, the good thing is if you do receive something defective in as is, just call CS and they will reimburse the full amount including shipping even though you know in advance that the item may not be perfect. I am not in a financial position to buy multiple items at $50+ per item when I don't think the item is worth that to begin with. I have also bought jewelry which was perfect at more than 50% off and handbags at more than 50% off. I personally love "AS IS".   

@nycgrl  I'm with you! It's a win-win situation, and I've gotten some great deals over the years on "as is" items, including jewelry.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett