Valued Contributor

When will the models pull back their hair?  It is so distracting to try to see a top neckline with all that hair covering it up.  I'm watching Susan graver and I think her name is Kenisha has all of her hair covering the tops of the shirts.  Q can you talk to her and ask her to pull her hair back?  Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I can't stand all the hair

[ Edited ]

@QuinnPenny, I agree.  I know some people will say the models should be able to wear their hair any way they choose, but when showing clothing or jewelry, we should be able to see the item without the obstruction of hair.  In my career working with models on photoshoots or filming ads: for example if we were shooting a necklace, the hair went up, or a model with long hair had to wear a wig short enough for the necklace to be seen.  Same philosophy was applied to fashions, particularly if the neckline or collar was a key feature of the clothing.  

To her credit, model Katia seems to have learned the same ropes as I did because she always adjusts her hairdos (and wigs) for the clothes or jewelry she will be modeling.  

Regular Contributor

I so agree with you ladies!!  I would love to see Brenda, just one time, put her hair up.  It drives me nuts sometimes when trying to see items that she is modeling and all you can see is hair.

Suzanne is the same way.  I have seen her in the past put her hair up when modeling jewelry (and it looked so nice) but now it seems to be only pulled over to one side.

Antoinella also has all that hair when she is trying to show off jewelry, earrings in particular.

Just my opinion......

Honored Contributor

@QuinnPenny wrote:

When will the models pull back their hair?  It is so distracting to try to see a top neckline with all that hair covering it up.  I'm watching Susan graver and I think her name is Kenisha has all of her hair covering the tops of the shirts.  Q can you talk to her and ask her to pull her hair back?  Thanks

I agree, is it a fashion show or a buying opportunity??   Again, QVC doesn't know what it wants to be when it grows up.  

Respected Contributor

Really?  Hair up, hair down, it doesn't matter. 

I really could care less, someone wearing a top that has long hair doesn't affect the way I may buy, they do show you the merchandise on a hanger and I still have had returns.

My percentage of returns were not elevated because of hair.

Trusted Contributor

The models all move their long hair out of the way for the close ups and that works for me.  We see the garment on the hanger.  The item is shown on several models and not all have their hair down/long.

I wish they would stop covering up sleeveless tops with jackets, etc.   Just because a person wears a lg or above does not mean our arms are hugh.  Now warmer weather is trying to arrive I realized I can not wear many of my tanks alone.  Being able to wear the sets as individual pieces is a major selling point of the designers.  

The arm holes on tanks from sets I purchased show half of my bra under my arms.  Some sleeveless tops are showing to much.  I should never have thought that because the arm holes fit an XXS model properly that they would be a proper proportion for my XL.   I always pay special attention to the models who wear a lg and up.  I also check the garment measurements which I have found to not always be reliable.  I need to see the armholes uncovered to make my decision.

Respected Contributor

i agree it's time to tame the mane.  I am looking at a fashiion show on television because I want to purchase clothing - not hair.  I don't care how the models handle their hair except that when you are showing a top, the neckline is very important to most of us.  Push the hair back behind both shoulders and let us see the full front of the garment.

There is one kinda new AA model who has so much hair that it almost hides her very pretty face.  A real shame. Hair styles are a very personal thing, but they all should allow the real emphasis to be put on the garment - leave the hair for personal time and personal situations - not modeling.

Trusted Contributor

I assume any tank that they're hiding the arm holes with a jacket is too wide to be selling to any body. They're hiding them for that purpose. It is so deceiving.There was a thread on this a week or so ago where others were listing item numbers of camouflage done in the presentations. Bad reviews on the necklines were shown on air with heavy necklaces or poofy scarves. 

Honored Contributor

I'll never forget the time this gal came out with a Denim and Co. top on and with a jacket over it I thought she was displaying the jacket !

Only later when Gary asked her if she would please remove the jacket so people could see the details and the back of the garment !!!!!!!!!

what ????????    Crazy!!!

Antonella has more hair then 10 women. Smothers me to look at her.

Great nails though.   When showing earrings short hair girls ! please !

That blonde gal with the pixie do is the only one who shows earrings to their best advantage. I want to see the backs .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Funny you posted that............I recall recently seeing K. the model modeling beautiful earrings.  'Trouble is' that you couldn't see the earring at all on one side.  Just a glimpse of the other left ear, but the way the model was posed, it was a very slight glimpse of the ear that wasn't covered by her hairstyle.  I'm thinking that the models should think about moving their hair to the back when modeling earrings.   I recall thinking what a beautiful model, even though I couldn't see the dangle earrings.  Long dark hair, beautiful eyes, etc., etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).