Frequent Contributor

Re: AM Style Suggestion

[ Edited ]

AM Style should be just what the name implies - fashion.  There are plenty of times to watch beauty shows on main channel.  Please bring more fashion to AM Style. And please bring back AM Style on QVC 2 with Mary Nelson.  I enjoy that as well.  And enough with the silliness of having mocktails, food, etc.  It adds nothing to the show.  I find myself changing the channel more and more.

Honored Contributor

I don't like the asking models or people to post what is their favorite ice cream?  their favorite vacation spot, etc.?  Show us the fashions and give us the details we need to know.   Don't make up words, don't shout, etc.    I haven't had Q on all day.  Sure not like years ago.

Respected Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

amen. i tuned in today -  40 minutes in they finally showed a piece of clothing.  new set - new mugs -  mocktails -  skip it!  give me a time when i can count on a fashion show. @Krimpette 

@ms traditional: I'm with you in regards to the mocktails. Seems it's become a major part of a lot of the shows lately. I've noticed this trend with HSN as well.  

Super Contributor

AGREE!!!!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

amen. i tuned in today -  40 minutes in they finally showed a piece of clothing.  new set - new mugs -  mocktails -  skip it!  give me a time when i can count on a fashion show. @Krimpette 

They want you to feel like a friend!

I guess it's not working!!!

Trusted Contributor

@mosky wrote:

Today I watched Leah Williams show just about everything BUT fashion.I love her and she does a wonderful job...but the presentations are so,so, long and very few fashions were shown.I was disappointed in the show,I look forward to the Saturday fashions,and they just were not there!

They should spend no more than five to seven minutes on a clothing item.  TSV, maybe a little more.

That's it.  That's all it needs!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: AM Style Suggestion

[ Edited ]

Are there really enough customers who are interested in all that nonsense, just how many are on facebook answering these goofy questions and what does this have to do with fashion! The hosts have all jumped on the Shawn band wagon with the 20 questions, it's just odd when Shawn does this, but it's just cringe worthy when Leah and Jane T. do it, just so much phony baloney.

Contributor

Agree, miss Jayne and Pat as they were formatted for AM shows

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

Are there really enough customers who are interested in all that nonsense, just how many are on facebook answering these goofy questions and what does this have to do with fashion! The hosts have all jumped on the Shawn band wagon with the 20 questions, it's just odd when Shawn does this, but it just cringe worthy when Leah and Jane T. do it, just so much phony baloney.

I agree. Who really cares what your favorite ice cream flavor or pizza topping? I could understand these types of questions on a food show. Although, I think it's useless information. But on fashion shows? How does that fit?

Trusted Contributor

Back at the beginning, AM Style was described as a "fashion magazine on the air."  So, I don't mind a smattering of beauty, etc.  But the emphasis should be fashion.  Yesterday with all the beauty vendors in town for that Beauty Bash event, I was not surprised that they gave them air time.  They probably should have just had an "AM Beauty" show.

My beef is with the new set.  The table is so awkward.  No one sits at it in a comfortable way and the shooting angles just don't work.  And the mocktails are totally unnecessary, I think.